• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What to feed our girl....

domandjen1976

Looking4Corns
Hey all, we have had Carson since last year. She is our first corn and she is so much fun. We are hoping to get a second snow next week. I wanted to just get your alls advice on feeding. I am feeding her an adult frozen mouse every 7 days. Here is a picture of her she is a little over 2ft. I have no way of measuring her but thought by site of picture and size you veteran corn owners could let me know if I am feeding her enough. Let me know! Thanks!

Attachments

• Carson.JPG
    Carson.JPG
    168.7 KB · Views: 45
She's lovely! You've obviously been taking good care of her. The rule of thumb for size of prey is that the prey's girth should be 1.5 times the size of the widest part of the snake. When the snake is large enough to take adult mice, feeding every 7 days is fine.

Good luck finding your second snake. Be warned though - it's hard to stop buying more! :)

I know Caryl...

We are absolutely in love with them. Carson above is my middle son's and now my little girl wants a "pink one" as she says. My oldest son is set with his Golden Retriever and doesn't show much interest. So I am hopefully going to round up some money for a snow or a bubblegum. They are such awesome pets!!

Beautiful!

I just got my first corn on Feb. 14th, and I am already setting up to get another one. Corn snakes are such great pets!

Hope you find a pretty pink snake to be your little girl's best friend soon. :)

Kachine Kolgon

Very nice snake! :)

Yes you are feeding enough. They don't need to be fed more than one mouse every 7-10 days.

Back