• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

When to change to double pinkies

Rave

im just a little unsure as to when i should switch J.R up to double pinkies. right now she gets 1 pinkie a week, she is 9 months old, roughly 16.8g (she didnt like staying still on my scale) and the pinkie`s i feed her are roughly 2.3g. i feel a fuzzy is still to big for her to handle.
i am unsure if their is a snake-food weight or age ratio
should i be feeding her more or is this adequate for now

thanks

im just a little unsure as to when i should switch J.R up to double pinkies. right now she gets 1 pinkie a week, she is 9 months old, roughly 16.8g (she didnt like staying still on my scale) and the pinkie`s i feed her are roughly 2.3g. i feel a fuzzy is still to big for her to handle.
i am unsure if their is a snake-food weight or age ratio
should i be feeding her more or is this adequate for now

thanks

Are you sure of the snake's age? Because if she truly is 9 months old, I think she's quite undersized. I have one here that hatched in July, and she weighs 19g.

I would start her on double pinks, and start feeding her every 5 days instead of every 7.

The jesserca gave you is a great feeding plan.

I got a question on this subject, not to yank the thread out from under Rave... I just didn't see the point in wasting thread space when the subject is basically the same.

Mine is ready to move up to double pinkies, I gave him a pinkie yesterday and it's already fully digested it! I was surprised, to say the least. So, the question is... When doing double pinkies, do you put one in until they eat it, then the next? Or both at once?
I just wanna make sure I do this right.

Once again, sorry if I thread yanked. And thanks for any responses!

When doing double pinkies, do you put one in until they eat it, then the next? Or both at once?
I just wanna make sure I do this right.

Doesn't really matter - they can't eat both at once. ;) So regardless of whether you put both in at the same time, or offer the second after the first one is gone, the snake is going to eat one, then the other.

Personally, I just toss them both in, and let them have it how they will.

Thanks very much.

Unfortunately, I realize I jumped the gun. Near the end of this page is a thread explaining that too. Sorry! >.<

Back