• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

When to Worry?

AliCat37

Michelle's Candied Corns!
I am probably about 90% sure that I am just a worry wart, but I really don't want anything to go wrong with this one!

One of my girls had her prelay shed on Tuesday (6 days ago). On Sunday afternoon she laid a single, squishy, tiny slug. Nothing has happened since. She's been in her lay box, and I have only been checking on her once in the morning and once at night.

Help calm my nerves, or tell me I need to intervene?

I am sure she is OK. I think it is still to soon to intervene especially since it was a slug. I am sure she needed to get that out of the way for the "real" eggs.

Okay, patience is a virtue! I will keep waiting. Too excited for my two clutches this year!

it was 11 days between shed and eggs for my one girl and 14 for the other. I think you are fine, if she was egg bound you would be able to see an egg bulge at the vent area

I just checked on her for the morning, and there are a few more! She obviously is not done so I just closed the box and put her away without poking around. There looked to be another slug (boo!) and maybe a fertile egg! I guess we'll find out.

Still no change :/
4uda7a8e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be starting to get a little concerned at this point. She doesn't have an egg blocking the vent, does she?

I haven't picked her up to look. She looked very round there the other day, but she has laid two more since then. There is a total of three out.

Oops lifted up the moss and there is a whole slew of slugs and three good eggs! No eggs blocking the vent :)

So by tonight you'd reasonably expect her to be done. I'd check tonight by palpating her.

So, I didn't feel any more eggs, but if they are all super tiny like these, then more may be hiding. Mostly slugs :/ there are four good ones, though! Any tips on removing the slugs? Or should I just fight off any mold with a q-tip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back