• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Wilma and Callisto 2014

Here is a better picture of him with a nickel for size.

freshly_hatched_baby_fire_corn_snake_by_icantthinkofaname_09-d7rlbv4.jpg

Two more babies came out overnight!

The first one is named Sherbet (8 grams), and I'm unsure whether it's a fire or an amel. It has the typical fire head pattern, but it has some belly checkers. It's probably an amel.

gojR63hl.jpg

bodq6WSl.jpg

The second baby is definitely an amel, and a feisty one at that! It bit me a couple of times and helicoptered around while I tried to put it in the weighing container. This is Praline (also 8 grams):

PTinJqll.jpg

ZspTBj2l.jpg

edEAsVXl.jpg

Aaaaand... there's a white nose poking out of the egg this morning! Which means that both parent's poss hets have proven out! This little baby has an equal chance of being a snow or an avalanche:

LgnoZ0Pl.jpg

I'm so excited!

I would agree that the 2nd one is an amel. Definite belly checks there. I am so excited that your boy proved het anery.

Here's a few more of little Pistachio, now that he (or she) has had some time to dry off. You can see his egg tooth in the first photo.

egg_tooth_by_icantthinkofaname_09-d7rqcv5.jpg

fire_corn_snake_by_icantthinkofaname_09-d7rqd89.jpg

The white nose is taking its sweeeet time coming out any further. This little red nose pipped way after the white nose, but already has had his whole head out with tongue flicking.

oHfVI52.jpg

Baby number 5 is out! It's a snow with an extremely feisty personality. It bit me around 10-15 times all in the two minute span that it took me to photograph and weigh.

Meet Spumoni (8 grams):

JjOL50Tl.jpg

79JNsyul.jpg

I was attempting the candling method of sexing the babies and I can't make heads or tails of it. Some of them I see one red dot, others a red blob, two red dots, or nothing at all. I tried to look up pictures for it, but the original thread is from 2005 and the pictures aren't there anymore. I also tried it on Callisto, but I can't see anything on him. Does anyone have any comparison pictures?

Back