• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Yet Another Fancy Mouse Post

Dale

Interventions won't work
Well, efforts have resulted in complete failure in finding local suppliers, so, I made my own. We weren't sure whether this litter came from our Tan and White Male, or our recently deceased Black and white. From the looks as of today, they are looking black and white. My daughter is very pleased. I believe we have 13 with an awesome mom.

Also looks like we have a tan and white litter in the cooker.

Attachments

• mice.jpg
    mice.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 109
Yeah, this has seriously hindered my whole rodent supply issue. I'm in desperate need of pinks and fuzzies, but you can bet your sweet rear end, not one of these little ones are going anywhere.

It is fun to grow your own. Especially when you find some fun genetics with different colors, & coat patterns.

These are some grow out babies from a month or so ago.

Attachments

• 090a.JPG
    090a.JPG
    261.4 KB · Views: 106
And THATS what I'm looking for! I'm disliking you more and more everyday Heather ;)

I will eventually use them for feeders, but until they are thriving as a colony, I will also have fun, breeding for color and pattern. Some may end up as permanent pets, who knows.

So it's not just me, I just got a surprise black and tan and a silver and tan in one of our recent litters, I try to feed them off before they get cute but these two are staying!

Black and tan and silver and tan? Yeah, no, they'd pretty much get royalty status here.

Black and tan and silver and tan? Yeah, no, they'd pretty much get royalty status here.

I feel kind of bad, they all deserve good treatment but yeah... It's funny though, I didn't even know that color existed in mice until a few weeks ago. I've got some nice long hairs, brindles and I don't even know what some of them are, gold and really shiny looking. I really need to take a picture, they're hopping around like little popcorns now.

I had a super cute pet mouse for a while who was black with a tan belly...I named her Rolo lol. I love mice, they are so cute!

It is fun to grow your own. Especially when you find some fun genetics with different colors, & coat patterns.

These are some grow out babies from a month or so ago.

I Love that Calico colored one! :) We started off with white mice & I wanted some variety,plus is helps me tell who's who,so we added a few fancy mice & have been surprised to see the color variations,we have some we kept with little white stripes on their heads or noses & it has carried down to their babies.It makes breeding feeders interesting at least & dealing with cleaning their cages bearable lol

I couldn't resist, hope you don't mind I share them here.
miceandodds004_zps42770a38.jpg

miceandodds008_zps4fad5f5a.jpg

And THATS what I'm looking for! I'm disliking you more and more everyday Heather ;)

I will eventually use them for feeders, but until they are thriving as a colony, I will also have fun, breeding for color and pattern. Some may end up as permanent pets, who knows.
Haha! If we lived closer, I'd happily share.
You should have seen the ones I had last spring. I got some gorgeous silky grey(dark smoke grey) that were glossy looking from a friend, they were so cool.
I ended up having to cull them all off, because I keep them in the laundryroom, which is an add-on room to the back of the house I'm renting & it was getting too hot in there as it got warmer & they weren't doing well. I started a couple colonies after it cooled off, & am hoping they'll do ok through the winter.
After I buy a house, I'll make sure I have a well inslulated (from heat & cold) place for them & I will have a larger setup of mice, rats & ASF's, & be fully self-sufficient for feeding, & maybe sell some of them as fancy pets.

You and me both! But I live closer to Heather than you, so maybe I have a chance of getting a couple from her for my colonies. I don't mean for that to sound rude, just a neener-neener. :p

LOL! You know, some of these colored ones I picked up from Glacier Rodents, at the last expo. They have a nice selection of fancy mice, live & frozen for sale.
I think Jen, on here also has fancy mice, but I think she either didn't bring them that show, or she sold out right away, I cannot remember.

I too love the Calicos!
I have joined this forum for fancy mice keepers. they are not mean to snake keepers there :)
Fancy mice breeders

Mouse genetics are more complicated than corns but not that hard to grasp. I have had a bit of help IDing what kind of mice I have and also found this website helpful
Finnmouse

I did just take some...

Attachments

• banded grey and preggo red.jpg
    banded grey and preggo red.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 67
  • grey with pink eyes.jpg
    grey with pink eyes.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 67
  • pinkeyed red banded satin.jpg
    pinkeyed red banded satin.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 67