• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Help!!!!!

whoute

ok well ive pretty much just emptied his tank and i really dont think hes in there. Anyone know the best way of finding a 15inch really small snake when he could possibly be in one of 6 rooms?!?!?!?

what kind of substrate do you have? if u have aspen they are more likely to burrow under it. i freaked out plenty of times when i couldn't find mine under any of her hides.

saraelf69 said:
what kind of substrate do you have? if u have aspen they are more likely to burrow under it. i freaked out plenty of times when i couldn't find mine under any of her hides.

kinda like wood chip. But ive looked and looked and looked and cant find him. I cant see how he could have escaped but i really cant find him!!

What kind of set up do you have? Have you looked under the lid? They can climb straight up glass and plastic.

kimbyra said:
What kind of set up do you have? Have you looked under the lid? They can climb straight up glass and plastic.

we have a glass tank with a wooden lid.The lid is very heavy so he wouldnt have been able to push it off, but im worried he may have slipped out through a gap in the wood, as it was a lid that we made from scratch.

ok ive completly cleared out his tank (removed all substrate and newspaper) and he aint in there. CRAP!!!

panic over.....we have these bamboo things in his tank in a pot. He was right in the middle of them, all curled up,oblivious to what ive just done!!tomorrow i am snake proofing that tank. All gaps are getting filled!!!

That sounds good...it's most often the case that then they run away, they don't run far...yours didn't even leave the viv!

whoute said:
we have a glass tank with a wooden lid.The lid is very heavy so he wouldnt have been able to push it off, but im worried he may have slipped out through a gap in the wood, as it was a lid that we made from scratch.

They are much stronger than you may think. I have heard of young corns lifting of lids with 5-10 pound weights on them.

King21 said:
They are much stronger than you may think. I have heard of young corns lifting of lids with 5-10 pound weights on them.

They can. I lost a two month old normal this way. Never did find him. I'd recommend clamps or latches of some sort to prevent future escapes.

I'm glad you found him.

Back