• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Utah delivers vote of no confidence for 'climate alarmists'

wade

Save The Humans
The Utah legislature has passed a bill saying that Utah will no long pay heed to Global Warming nonsense

It also called on the federal government's Environmental Protection Agency to order an immediate halt in its moves to regulate greenhouse gas emissions "until a full and independent investigation of climate data and global warming science can be substantiated".

Good for you Dean. That shows real independent thinking for a liberal.

Oh, I shouldn't have said that, sorry. :grin01:

On a more serious note...

I really don't understand why "climate change" is such a hot-button issue. Admittedly, I'm hardly qualified to evaluate the science, and I have even less business evaluating the socio-economic implications. Based on that, I should probably just shut up. But I still don't understand why curbing potentially dangerous behavior is a bad thing? I understand that regulation and restriction can limit economic growth, but can't it also provide new opportunities? Does it hurt to err on the side of caution, especially if thinking long-term?

It's a Pascal's Wager thing, only more logical. Do nothing, and maybe there are no consequences, or maybe you do irreparable damage. Do something, and there are still no consequences, or maybe you avoid irreparable damage.

Back