• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Freezer Smells?

liz08

Hello, I have one corn snake buddy and store his mice in my home freezer. I notice that the bag of frozen mice gets kind of strong smelling, especially toward the end of a batch. I can smell it on the packaging of my frozen people-food.
It's unappetizing.
Do any of you have this happen? Is there some way to wrap the mice to contain the odor? Right now they are wrapped with three layers, heavy plastic bags.
Or, maybe there is some very tiny freezer that I could get for Congo's food only. But my space is very limited.

Frozen rodents sealed properly should not have an odor. For myself, years ago, I purchased a 3’x3’ freezer that I store all my mice in. My wife appreciated the purchased!

Hello, Thank you!
I will check to see if the mice are sealed up well enough.
(And might look to see if tiny freezers exist)

I double bag using ziplocks that are rated for freezer use and have stored mice for well over a year with no issues :), and I also use a tiny freezer I purchased for less than $200.

Thank you! Don't know why I didn't think of Ziplock bags...I even have some.
Will check out tiny freezers.

Back