• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

1st snake tomorrow...last minute check

It's not much, but he decided to unbury himself earlier and he crawled into that pot thing I have in the viv...

Also, you can see my heating setup with the tile here. And take a look on the right side, it's the first time I've ever gotten anything useful from a textbook! lol

Attachments

• Mojo 003.jpg
    Mojo 003.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 85
This isn't much either, but I was surprised by how much his colors change as they move down the body. He coiled up a little more awhile ago and showed it pretty well...but then again I'm not sure where on his body either of these sections are. If I remember right though, the more orange part is near his head and the redder part is towards the tail.

Attachments

• Mojo 002.jpg
    Mojo 002.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 66
oldhand said:
$10 for the hide ;)

Seriously though, good looking snake and congrats on on a good purchace.
which would mean a profit of about $6.50 for me, can't argue with that :rofl:

Wish things were that cheap over here in the UK :shrugs: , It does look good though, i'll have to search a few pound shops and see if they have anything similar.

Congrats on the new snake....I did see him there...VERY NICE!!! You should try to hit the show this Sunday also in Butler....maybe it will be bigger and have some more snakes to offer...I think that was the smallest show I have ever been too and Pgh has never really been a HUGE show..I hope that it picks up in the future..Take care and good luck with the new guy!!!! :)

HAVE A GREAT day!!!!!

Awwww, he looks real cute from the pics, and that hide has to be one of the most interesting things I've seen in a long time.;)

P.S. his colors *do* change a lot, its really cool. I can't wait to see more pics of him (you know, full body to see the full effect) after his adjustment period!

KatieL said:
Awwww, he looks real cute from the pics, and that hide has to be one of the most interesting things I've seen in a long time.;)

P.S. his colors *do* change a lot, its really cool. I can't wait to see more pics of him (you know, full body to see the full effect) after his adjustment period!
Yeah the color change is something I haven't been able to find much information on. He's a normal, so from what I gather, the black around the saddles will get more distinct and he'll lose more white as he ages? He's already around 2 years old and he doesn't have much white on him at all. Are there any general "rules" about what happens as far as color changes go with corns?

Also, last night as soon as I shut my light off to go to sleep and turned his blue light on, he slooooooowly crawled out and explored a little bit. He started to make me nervous whenever he got on top of his one hide and started checking out the upper corners for any gaps. I made that lid, and I know there are no gaps (and it's held on by nylon straps) so I don't think he can get out unless I'm careless about something...but it still made me nervous. He was still in the viv this morning though! lol

By the way, I remember seeing a post on here awhile ago asking something to the effect of "can corns stand up like cobras?" That's the first thing I thought of last night when I looked over and he was coming out of the top of his hide. :laugh:
I just wish I could get rid of the flash reflection!

Attachments

• Mojo 011 crop.JPG
    Mojo 011 crop.JPG
    6.2 KB · Views: 27
I also got a snake from Fred Bruckmann

Hi Jeff,
I also got our corn snake from Fred Bruckmann ((a month ago , from the Havre de Grace Pet Show). She is about 18 inch. long (he said, it is about 11 mo.). She is doing great! SInce then I have emailed Fred which some questions, and he is very willing to answer everything.
Good luck with your snake!
Sabine!

Back