• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Corn not eating

hunter67

Hi everybody.

We are first time snake owners and got our first corn snake last july.
He's really tame and always enjoys being held (well ok, he tolerates us) - always comes out whenever I open his viv.

He's about 4 years old, sheds no problem and was always easy to feed.

He was feeding regularly every 7-8 days and then stopped in January.
His last feed was Jan 10th.

I understand he may be in breeding season but this is now 8 weeks since he last fed. I still try him once a week but hes not interested.

He's very active and still always likes to come out. Probably hoping to find a slithery girlfriend.

He looks healthy and drinks plenty of water but we are getting a little worried.

Any advice would be great

This is him

1-2.jpg

My male is doing the same thing now. One year he went four months before he decided to eat again, but that was unusual for him. He usually goes 6 - 8 weeks before he decides he's ready to eat again. Once he refuses a meal I wait 4 weeks and then start offering him every two weeks after that.

it's no big deal. My snake (also a male) actually went almost 4 months with out eating. No problem. He eventually went back to eating. Just keep fresh water in the bowl, and offer a meal every 2 or 3 weeks. You'll waste a few mice, but so what. Eventually he will eat.

Thanks for the replies

You have put my mind to rest.

I will continue to offer him food and will no doubt be back on here at some point

Thanks

Back