• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I saw it!

mbdorfer

At the risk of "jynxing" myself by posting this, I actually witnessed rodent sex this morning. Maybe this time................ :grin01:

Looks like the holiday spirit is affecting the animals...

"Ok honey, but just this once". :sidestep:

good luck, I'm hoping you finally get some babies!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that pinkies arrive in about 3 weeks. After everything you've been through with the mice, wouldn't it just be your luck to have a sterile male mouse? :rolleyes:

Actually, I think I've got a sterile male in one of my colonies. Just my luck that he happens to be a keeper my daughter picked out and named "Special Boy." If it wasn't for that, he'd be snake food. :grin01:

Keep us updated. We want to see pictures of a ping pong ball smuggling mouse.

red_mamma said:
After everything you've been through with the mice, wouldn't it just be your luck to have a sterile male mouse?
Now that was just down right cruel! :grin01: And why's it always gotta be males that are sterile? Personally, I think it's the females fault...just like everything else.

:sidestep:

Merry Christmas Mike and good luck with them meeces!

Q

LOL Quigs. ;)

I've had one sterile male that I knew of. But most of mine have been sterile females or females so "health-conscious" they couldn't stop running around, climbing upside down on the lid, jumping in the corner that mating never got a chance to get done. As I said last year when I had the 3 females..."I ain't running a health club".

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya, Mike. I know you've had terrible luck at actually getting mice to do what they seemingly do best. I got 5:20 new breeders 3 weeks ago, and there has been a new litter born every 3-4 days it seems. I'm loving it!

Quigs said:
Now that was just down right cruel! :grin01: Q

Ok, Ok, you got me there! Sorry. :( Isn't it about the only thing left for Mike to deal with when it comes to his mice?

Quigs said:
And why's it always gotta be males that are sterile? Personally, I think it's the females fault...just like everything else.

:sidestep: Q

Too funny. I thought it was the other way around. :D

Hehe, thanks all. It's really become quite the joke where I work. Customers come in and say "What's the word on the mice"? Maybe I should name the potential breeders after all the helpful members here. Let's see, Pat, Joni, Misty, and Preita! Yeah, that's the ticket. :sidestep:

mbdorfer said:
Maybe I should name the potential breeders after all the helpful members here. Let's see, Pat, Joni, Misty, and Preita! Yeah, that's the ticket. :sidestep:

LOL... Just don't come back and tell me your "Joni" mouse killed and ate the male. I know I'm not that mean. :D

The first time I saw my mice breed... I had to help ~,~ My old male had a heart attack 1/2 way through and was crushing my little lady (he had his paws all wrapped around her) I had to pull him off her and massage his chest to try to save him! She gave birth to a HUGE litter from the breeding, and he was retired that night, he lived to the ripe old age of 4.5 (2 more years after he almost perished) =) Scared the life out of me and almost stopped me from ever breeding mice again, but at that time I was breeding them to feed to Venus (my kistache.. RIP) so I had to keep doing it ~,~

mbdorfer said:
Hehe, thanks all. It's really become quite the joke where I work. Customers come in and say "What's the word on the mice"? Maybe I should name the potential breeders after all the helpful members here. Let's see, Pat, Joni, Misty, and Preita! Yeah, that's the ticket. :sidestep:

lol Well I am a hard worker :roflmao:

Gintha said:
The first time I saw my mice breed... I had to help ~,~ My old male had a heart attack 1/2 way through and was crushing my little lady (he had his paws all wrapped around her) I had to pull him off her and massage his chest to try to save him! She gave birth to a HUGE litter from the breeding, and he was retired that night, he lived to the ripe old age of 4.5 (2 more years after he almost perished) =) Scared the life out of me and almost stopped me from ever breeding mice again, but at that time I was breeding them to feed to Venus (my kistache.. RIP) so I had to keep doing it ~,~

OMG, I'm getting such a visual :grin01: . He must've been more than 1/2 way through if she got pregnant lol. You mean you pulled him off, gave him CPR, and he finished????? :rolleyes:

JTGoff69 said:
OMG, I'm getting such a visual :grin01: . He must've been more than 1/2 way through if she got pregnant lol. You mean you pulled him off, gave him CPR, and he finished????? :rolleyes:

i am also interested in the details :grin01: it does seem amazing to me that you could notice something is wrong amongst all that movement... how did you tell that he was having a heart attach??

I had to watch him cause he sometimes would bite their ears, and I noticed he was getting kind of stiff looking, then he fell over and was squishing the poor little girl between his front paws. So I pulled him off her and massaged his chest and gave him the TINIEST little puffs of air into his nose. After around 2 minutes he seemed to be fine again, but I kept an eye on him for a few hours and took him to the vet the next morning. I guess he must have had time to finish the job when I think about it now, she not only got pregnant from it, but had a HUGE litter, and he was the only male I had, so it had to have been his and they were only together that one time. The vet gave me a certificate for performing mouse CPR LOL, goes well with the cat CPR one she gave me earlier that year.

Wilder said:
... wow, someone really needs to change their bong water. Seems to be making them delusional.

Anyway, congrats Mike! Here's hoping for a big litter of healthy babies. :)

More like drank it
:roflmao:

Gintha said:
I had to watch him cause he sometimes would bite their ears, and I noticed he was getting kind of stiff looking, then he fell over and was squishing the poor little girl between his front paws. So I pulled him off her and massaged his chest and gave him the TINIEST little puffs of air into his nose. After around 2 minutes he seemed to be fine again, but I kept an eye on him for a few hours and took him to the vet the next morning. I guess he must have had time to finish the job when I think about it now, she not only got pregnant from it, but had a HUGE litter, and he was the only male I had, so it had to have been his and they were only together that one time. The vet gave me a certificate for performing mouse CPR LOL, goes well with the cat CPR one she gave me earlier that year.

thanks gintha! you are very likely the first on the planet who has both certificates! when do you set up your own ER?

Back