• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Stupid Question...

Melissa

Ok....with my Creamcicle thats not eating. Someone suggested "scenting" a fuzzy or hopper. HOW exactly do i do that? I'll be trying this tomorrow, WISH ME LUCK!:D

umm

well actually I'm not totally sure on this put one way I know a little messy get some open cuts on the mouse and so the sent of blood is in the air that'll work

Hey could you be more specific? How old is the snake? Male? Female? How long has (s)he been refusing food? etc. Any details, even if you think they are irrelevant, include them so everyone can give suggestions.

Hey Malissa,

What exactly are you going to scent the fuzzy with? A Lizard? Anyway, what I would suggest is that you wash off the feeder to get as much of the scent of mouse off as you can. Then, simply rub the washed feeder with whatever you are scenting with. Some even try by openning the cavity of the lizard or whatever and rubbing the feeder in the cavity.
If this is to much the blood thing also may work. Just take your feeder and pinch the nose to get a little blood to come out. As mentioned, this does attract the snake to eat most of the time.
(This is assuming your snake is not in shed right now).

Good Luck!!
Warren

Hi,

Yes, I've used chicken broth with limited success. I had close to 150 babies last year and when you have that many you always have a few stubburn feeders. Say out of 10 babies that wouldn't eat I had 3 or 4 to take a pinkie w/ chicken broth. I plan on having chicken broth handy again this year. Keep in mind, some babies just WILL NOT eat and theirs nothing you can do.

L8r,
wc

Back