• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Yellow jacket

yellowfox

I'm looking for some info on yellow jacket genetics . I have a 2015 ultra lavender motley that has slowly gotten a yellow wash . One of her parents was a sunglow . I was going to breed her to my Opel, but with that bright yellow wash I'm wondering about breeding her to my tessera motley butter. I know it will be a wile yet . But I'm trying to decide whether to get a nother female to breed my Opel. And if I do what would be a good morf . The butters are my favorite and I have a nice motley Carmel to breed him to .

If you breed her to your tessera butter motley your going to lose the Carmel and lavender to hets until you breed the babies back together. You can always look at pictures of what the potential babies will look similar to and decide. Do what you think looks awesome.

The answer here is probably ultra. Ultra and ultramel morphs tend to have vastly more yellowing. That said, it's unusual for a lavender morph to actually turn yellow at all, and even Joe claimed yellow jacket just made it more pale, not actually turn yellow. Are you sure you have an ultra lavender? Photos would be awesome.

The answer here is probably ultra. Ultra and ultramel morphs tend to have vastly more yellowing. That said, it's unusual for a lavender morph to actually turn yellow at all, and even Joe claimed yellow jacket just made it more pale, not actually turn yellow. Are you sure you have an ultra lavender? Photos would be awesome.

I agree Dragonling! Pix would be great!

BTW, who's Joe? :confused:

Oh, OK! THAT Joe. (Still have no CLUE who that is, but at least he's a real person!! LOL!). :face_palm_02:

Joe Pierce has a long history in the corn snake world. Some high points and A LOT of low points. He is credited with discovering the lava gene. He is also well known for his low points. I do not know Joe personally but when you been around the snake world for 4 decades a few names stick with you. He has been accused of many things. Ken Foose of Exotic Pets of Los Vegas called it right back in the 80's. A quick "google" will fill you in on who he is.
I would say that most would not want to be associated with his name :(

Joe Pierce has a long history in the corn snake world. Some high points and A LOT of low points. He is credited with discovering the lava gene. He is also well known for his low points. I do not know Joe personally but when you been around the snake world for 4 decades a few names stick with you. He has been accused of many things. Ken Foose of Exotic Pets of Los Vegas called it right back in the 80's. A quick "google" will fill you in on who he is.
I would say that most would not want to be associated with his name :(

Thanx for the heads up. I think. :eek1: At the very least, I WILL do a quick "google" search.

He can be a challenge to work with, and I've had several people warn me about trusting him after announcing the golden project. While he's a little slow on communication at times, probably due to him living in the middle of nowhere with potentially bad internet service, I haven't had any real issues with him thus far. Patience goes a long way.

He can be a challenge to work with, and I've had several people warn me about trusting him after announcing the golden project. While he's a little slow on communication at times, probably due to him living in the middle of nowhere with potentially bad internet service, I haven't had any real issues with him thus far. Patience goes a long way.

Ok. "Slow on communication" and "living in the middle of nowhere" and "can be a challenge to work with?" This guy is beginning to sound like the Unabomber or something. What did he do? Try to cross a corn snake with a yellow jack? Now I'm intrigued.

Didn't find anything under a cursory google search, but then again, wasn't really straining the old grey matter either. I usually don't like discussing a third party behind their backs, except for public figures and such. But this guy must've pissed in SOMEBODY'S Cornflakes! Interesting.

I know he screwed richard Hume over by not paying him his share of snakes he gave Joe. Apparently rich tryed for 6 months to get a hold of him and couldn't. Even though Joe was posting on forums. Look it up on... I believe it was fauna classified in the early 2000's

I'm pretty shore she is ultra lavender. She looked like most of the photos of lavenders I have found except the yellow that came in more and more each shed. She didn't have any yellow whin I got her. Parents were motly sunglow and ultramel lavender.

Looks more like an ultramel anery at first glance. If you can get more photos, especially of the parents as well, I would be glad to see them.

Back