• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

first two piks of corn

*~* D@N BOI *~*

the light it burns!!!!
not the best picks but will get better

Attachments

• snake crawl.JPG
    snake crawl.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 141
  • down hatch.JPG
    down hatch.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 140
Nice snake. Photo threads of corns belong in the "Photo Gallery" subforum. You'll get better response there too. I'll move this thread there now. :)

just as he woke up:boring:

he's just woke up, and at the moment i cant decide between Travis or Leroy as a name.

Attachments

• just woke up.JPG
    just woke up.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 101
I counter vote for Leroy. Coming from a guy with a (possible) girl snake named "Vern" so take it for what it's worth!!

Also, I have to ask... the first two pictures... were they taken yesterday (the same day you posted them, the 19th)? One shows him feeding. And then the pics you just posted today (the 20th) show you handling it. If you did just feed it yesterday, please try to hold off handling it for at least a couple days to let it digest it's meal. Otherwise, you could end up with a regurgetated meal, which puts a lot of stress on his little system. If the first two pics were taken a few days ago, please disregard this.

thanks for info

i know ive just been looking on general care just realised i shouldnt handle him, again the store didnt mention anything like this when i asked them about the snake they said give him a couple of hours then you can handle him. id rather take your guys advise as you have them, thanks :D

While one would hope that pet shop employees will give good information, the truth is that most of them don't own snakes and have no 'real' experience in them. They simply pass on what they've heard or think they heard in training (while trying to stay awake) or even word-of-mouth info. I'd like to believe most aren't purposely giving bad information, they just don't know better (yes, there'll always be some who have bad motives).

Anyway... we're all here to help. The only motivation is to help people learn and the welfare of the animals.

he has a name

my snake has been named travis, i held a vote with friends it was very close 10 for travis 8 for leroy and one for billy bob???:shrugs:??? ive got him a large hide in the cool half of his viv, a log like hselter that came with it, and ive put a toilet roll tube in the warm half for now he seems to like it better then the origional hide lol, i dont know the sex of the snake for the moment ive dubbed it a he, but may turn out to be female, just woundering, do i need to take him to a vet to know the sex and do they have to be a certain age, sorry if this is a repeat question. many thanks dan and travis :D

one more question

what is the name of this kind of corn when i brought he was labled as black corn, just woundering if its something else, i know or bloods, snow, blizard ect. wounder if anyone can tell from the piks thnx xxx

He's beautiful and dark..very nice... I believe he is an Anery :)
I love Anery's :)

This is a great place to learn about the do's and don't's of corn care ...Welcome!!

He's a very nice anerythristic corn (lacking red pigment). They are often called 'black albino' or anery a

yeah well fit snake man!, One thing i would add is to get two proper hides one for each side of the vivarium, one for the hot side, one for the cold. Both should be quite tight fitting, the snake prefers it that way, and by having two hides at least he can pick between temperatures for thermoregulation.

me and travis

thought id take a pik, lol just realsed id cut my face, i dunno how either. hes sooo cute lol awww

Attachments

• me and travis.JPG
    me and travis.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 13
Back