• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I'm new and ready to learn!

when he/she gets ready to shed, you'll notice the snake hiding a bit more than normal, and it may refuse to eat. The eyes won't necessarily cloud over right away. Usually, the snake's behavior changes first. Then the eyes will cloud over, and finally it will shed. The whole process could be anywhere from a week to 4 or 5 weeks even.

That is the exact reason I am staying as far away from it as possible! I am perfectly happy with just one little guy.

You say that now but they are addictive I'm telling you lol! When you little guy does go into blue you should make a humid hide for him! I actually keep one in my girls tanks all the time because it's super dry in my house from the wood stove! It's keeps the humidity at a good level and they just go in when they want! Sometimes it's hard to tell if they are in blue, or getting ready to shed but like Karl said you will get to know your snake and eventually be able to tell the difference in the way he/she is acting

Nicole

I actually think I have something like the humid hide you are talking about. Like a plastic container with a large hole cut out of the lid and wet substrate in it? We had a lizard at some point and kept some of the supplies.

All they told me was what and when he ate last. I forgot to ask them the last time he shed. We plan on going back in a couple of days though and I will ask then. I have not seen any eye cloudiness at all.

Chances are the feeding chart is long gone, but if someone forgot to give it to you, then maybe they forgot to throw it out too.

Just a thought, even if you don't plan on breeding down the road, you should still research and learn all the "in's and out's" (pun intended, haha) of snake breeding. Sometimes behaviors can change, and are normal, but you don't know because you aren't breeding. Like a male going off food during season, or a female laying unfertilized eggs. It's still good to know what sex you have, and what to expect from them reproductively. Just my 2 cents :)

Taking into account that it it 7:00 pm here and I just got home and have two hours worth of homework, and that I will be feeding him tomorrow afternoon, I will wait to try to get more pictures until tomorrow. I feel no need to mess him up two days in a row. And I am thinking he will be a little camera friendly if he has just eaten. I will have him in a clear critter keeper so I should get some good pics. Sorry to make everyone wait. Using the chart and my time of seeing him out of his hide, I am certain that he is a boy.

I am in the process of getting ready for feeding. I checked my pinky size, got the appropriate one in the water, and lo and behold... I doesn't float. I wait five minutes and it still won't float. five more and nothing. is it a bad one?

My pinkies usually never float. I'd never heard they were supposed to?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I just read it on an article some where. I guess I just assumed it was true. I'll continue with the feed then! Thanks!

I used tongs to offer the pinky and it only took seconds for him to take it! WOW!!! After I post pics, I am wondering if I should feed two.

I'd probably stick to one for your first feed. Wouldn't want to over do it and have a regurge.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Back