• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Quarter

Ares

Corn handler
Hey Guys,
I was just wondering why some people put quarters beside their snakes when they take pictures of them?

Thanx

Why A Quarter?

Placing a quarter beside one's snake when taking a photograph seems to be a particularly American folk custom. It is a way of telling others that, after buying a corn snake, a ten-gallon aquarium tank, Four-Paws tank cover, substrate, water bowl, artificial tree branch, plastic hide, temperature and humidity gauges, lamp (optional), and Bill and Kathy Love's book, they too are down to the last quater in their bank account and are as broke as the rest of us.

Gregg

Main reason is for size comparision.....I like puting rulers beside them....

but most of them like to 'run' away before I can take a pic of them beside a ruler.....not like my two pythons....hahahah
:D

Thanx

I figured it was for comparing, but I couldn't figure out why it would be a quarter. I agree with Simon that a ruler would be more helpful in showing the length. If u think about it the quarter is not really too helpful and it restricts u to only taking a birds eye view pic in order to compare.

Thanx for the input guys! :)

Quarter for comparison.

Hey Cornsnakekeeper,

I'm sure glad to see that someone caught my sick sense of humor.

Gregg
(Serious enough about Life to never take it seriously.)

Comedy and Snakes~~~~~:~

Well a lot humor on this thread.....I'm still laughing. Tonight I need a smile thanks guys! The only way I can get them to sit for a photo is to feed them, the water trick doesn't work for me. And forget about the money, I was holding Merlin on the couch and zooooom right into and under the cushion. I had to cut open the side of the couch and Spencer had to reach in and nudge him out. So you can add the price of a couch to the list of expenses. I was so happy he was ok, I didn't care how much it cost. Sam

ha ha ha

well next time be much more careful and remember to keep a close eye at him so that he doesn't do this again.

Good luck and Happy Herping!

Back