• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Something special? What do you think? (Dial up hell)

RyanR

Canadian Boa Fanatic.
lright guys, where to start...

Well, I've been reading a few sites alot recently, and Jeff Ronne's key west boa's always really caught my eye.. and then it got me thinking, Maybe, just maybe...my male is something more than I ever thought he was. the only history I have on this guy, is that I bought him nearly 10 years ago from a petstore, as a normal Colombian.
Over the years, I got confident enough in this guy to call him a pastel, His colors become phenominal for a normal (nice and red!) and he stayed SUPER clean even for his progressing age, So... here is a picture of him to get things started here.

maleqt.jpg

I've always liked his pattern, but I have never thought anything more of it, so skip forward a bit, this year I bred him with my big normal female, July 30 comes... and she drops a nice litter of 21 babies. now.. 12 of them are your run of the mill colombian boas (tho very clean) but on the other hand, we had 9 that had very very strong influence from the father... and 1 that even looked like a Mini clone of him! I'll attach a few pictures of them so you can get an idea.

picture041hu.jpg

picture125a.jpg

picture132o.jpg

So, now we turn to the other half of the litter... no daddy influence at all, well aside from maybe the "cleanliness" of their pattern. I'll attach a picture of one of them too, to give you an idea how the other half of the litter turned out.

picture122c.jpg

and just for reference, here is a picture of the mother, so you can see... she is as plain as they come.

bigfemale.jpg

Sorry I don't have more history on my male, or can't add much more to this.. I'm just looking for opinions.. male was my first snake ever, and he has been a beloved pet... so no matter what he's still my favorite! just the recent trend of new stuff being posted has peaked my curiosity..

Thanks guys,

RyanR

those are awesome. even the dad is awesome for not knowing his background.

to me they look semi motleyish, and some of the tails look like ladders. but at the same time i see what your saying. its very nice whatever it is. im not the most experienced on the subject of saying if it was special or not. but when it came to buying one id pay a bit more for how awesome they look. and if you proved it out as a new type of pattern morph that would be worth it i bet. but could just be really nice patterns from traits too. whos to know unless you try to find out.

I wouldn't know. Not really clued up on all the genetic traits, etc. in boas.

I can tell you that my normal baby doesn't look like your babies. (but she's not very clean anyway, in terms of pattern).

yours are beautiful, especially the 4th pic down.

Back