• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I've got the bug....again

HelloSweetie

My other half is going to kill me!

I've had Calcifer all of 3 days

and i'm already thinking of what other snakes I could get in the future :roflmao:

I don't think any time soon due to saving up some money for decent set-ups and space allocation but how can i break it to him that I've seen some absolute beauties that i'd like to offer homes :D

Also seeing as Cal was a rescue I feel more inclined to find more little rescues to give a loving home :)

He caught me researching Ball pythons to, and the look on his face said it all :roflmao:

He has only just got to the point where he will semi confidently hold the back end of Cal, but he is getting there.

I'm going to end up with a house where the ratio of snakes to humans is insane :D

Hi HelloSweetie!

Ya know, I could think of many other "bugs" that would be far worse than falling in love with corn snakes! Especially if you're thinking of helping out with more rescues!

Don't know what you do for a living, but did ya ever think of becoming involved with an organization that actually rescues animals? Sounds like a great "bug" to have!

Haha true! yeah it would be lovely to have some more rescues.

I used to be a customer service manager, but decided to go to University and do Computer science, so i am currently a student. I was stuck in that job for nearly 3 years and it wasn't going anywhere and definetly wasn't what i wanted to do for the rest of my life, i've been working since I was 16 so it's odd to be going back to school haha.

I never thought of that before but it's not something I would rule out, may have a look into that :) Thank you :)

And so it begins... haha
I went from zero snakes to 4 in one year. Now I'm up to 8 and still growing. It's kind of a problem. Welcome to the addiction. ;)
The only advice I could give, based on my own experience, is that you only have so much room and the faster you fill that room up, the less time you get to spend savoring the experience of deciding which snakes you want and bringing them home for the first time. So take your time and enjoy the ride! :) (Me? I live alone and rarely have guests. I'm thinking about selling my couch to make room for more cages. Like I said, I might have a problem!)
As for your significant other... well... he'll probably learn to love them (who wouldn't?) and be helping you look for more before you know it!!

The more the merrier, I say! My son is not a snake person. I got Ayasha...tiny, 14 grams. She was so easy to handle, he gained confidence. Gypsy arrived and the size set him back, over 950 grams, but she was so sweet, he was wrapped around her tail tip... Pernix is so personable, and only 120 grams; he likes to be held by Nate...will stretch over to Nate if I'm holding him...ego stroke...
That's how I won over my "not a snake person" son!
So now I have him wanting to come to the Buffalo Niagara Reptile Expo this Sunday to "look around" ... And I do have one empty viv...

wow thats brilliant haha :)

I did pick up the most gorgeous jungle boa today, she was grey ( sorry I am no good with morph colours etc).

only about 2.5ft long and such a teddy bear, i could of impusled bought and walked out with her there and then but think i'm going to do some more research first and wait until i start my 2nd year in Uni come sept. but she was so lovely :3

They also had a likke 10 week old stripe morph corn who was adorable and i was thinking hmmm i know i could easily accomodate a baby one right now xD

The looks i was getting from the other half said it all haha he said to me the other day
"does every spare penny you have go on the dog and the fish?" I said well not anymore because Calcifer is going to need his own chunk in there :D

I got the usual eye roll and he let me carry on haha
but soon as i get Cal out he's quick to pop over and want to try and hold him, so it is nice that he takes an interest.

I mean when he moved in i only had a few fish, ive managed to get away with a LOT more fish, a german shephard puppy and a snake, so i'm sure i could swindle a few more in somewhere, his only condition is that they can't be in the bedroom, which sucks as i could fit a good few 5ft vivs in there but suppose we should compromise haha.

Back