• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

questions about my rack, hehe

JasonS

I built a standard rack a couple months ago out of white melamine.It has six shelves that hold two large sweater tubs a piece. I have 4 strips of 4" heat tape running vertical along the back, two for each tub. What I have a question about is the difference in the temps of the heat tape and the temps in the tubs. There is always about a 10 degree difference, 90 tape, 80 tub, or 95/85 ( I know that is the highest you would want to push the heat tape.)
This is working fine but I would like to close the gap a little. What do you have? I was thinking of lining the pegboard with aluminum tape to reflect more heat towards the tubs.

2nd question, what do you use for shelter? I line the tubs with paper towels and use craft leaves for shelters, it gives a more "natural" look. The only thing is that they are a pain to clean and the clothe of the leaves holds the stink really well, not nice. I am looking for something inexpensive that doesn't look that bad. Thanks for all the input!

I put tape on the shelves, then flexwatt, then tape again. This focuses the heat upward rather than wasting alot by heating down into the shelves. My temperature difference isn't as great, but then again, mine is set up for belly heat. You may want to try 1st putting the aluminum tape on the peg board with the metal side facing the tubs to reflect the heat inward.

For hides, I use these drawer organizers from Walmart. Cost about 2.50 each.

Attachments

• DSCN2057.JPG
    DSCN2057.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 61
Back