• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Uvb and lighting question

Newowner89

So I have officially been converted to the heat mat way of thinking. However my original plan was to heat with a UTH and establish the day/night cycle with a uvb lamp. I have seen countless arguments of uvb being needed vs it might be needed vs there is no point. Originally I planned to use it since it didn’t seem like it could hurt at all and I needed a light anyway. However, the more we look into actually getting a corn the more it seems my family is leaning towards an albino morph. This has me thinking that the uv light may actually not be the best for an albino animal. The main argument for uvb always seems to be it matches nature but that doesn’t hold well with albino animals as they typically do not survive well in nature (any species of animal). I was hoping to get other people’s thoughts on this when related to albino morphs.

If uvb isn’t the best option does anyone have good recommendations for a non heat non uvb light for a day night cycle? I see led is typically recommended but with led strips being so common in just about everything now a days a search for led lights returns a crazy number of results so something a little more specific that people have had success with would be great.

I use a heating mat but I also have a sun light level UVB tube in there for a day/night cycle. They don't really need UVB but it won't hinder them. I just used a bulb that puts out the same as the sun for my day/night cycle as it's just replicating more of their environment.

Back