• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Male snake laid an egg????

BrendaBoo

So, I have an adult corn snake who has always been a GREAT feeder. The past two months he has not wanted to eat, but has still remained very active and social. The reptile shop suggested he might be in tune to the mating season...okay, I can handle that. This morning, I wake up and see him pooping out something that looks like an egg! It's white, oval shaped, and very odd...I know he's male, and even if he wasn't, he's never been around any other snakes. Could it be a tumor or constipation?? I'm at a loss here....

If it is what you descibe it is an egg and your "HE" is a "sHE". They do not have to mate to produce eggs, most of mine that I do not breed clutch anyway.

Have fun

Okay, so maybe I don't know if my snake is a boy! My little Divine Intervention is a girl! are snakes very protective of their eggs? Should I be afraid she's going to attack me if I try to remove it from her cage?

Back