• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Mouse Maker or Lizard Maker??

angle0343

I have been told that both Mouse Maker and Lizard Maker works really well with a picky snake. My snake won't eat so I am desperate to try anything! I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could tell me about these products like which works better for corn snakes and where I could order it off the internet. Thanks!!

You can get it off of www.herpsupplies.com. Our Petsmart carries it as well.

Herpsupplies has a sale going on, so it's cheap:

Lizard Maker

Mouse Maker

But to be honest, I've had no luck with either. An anole in the freezer or a bag of soiled mouse bedding works better.

Btw, what have you tried to get it to eat? Detail handling, feeding attempts, time, food, temps, etc. =)

Last edited:
My snake has eaten for me 3 times and kept the food down, but hte last couple of times he has regurgitated. Now he doesn't seem interested in the food. The temp. is at 84 degrees on the warm end and I don't handle him for a week after he eats. I don't know what else to do!

Thought I'd throw in that I've never had a single success with either Mouse Maker or Lizard Maker. Not one. In fact, they seemed repulsed by the pinks with either scent on them and would get as far from the food as possible.

I've tried at different times with different snakes...no luck for me. In fact, I have yet to hear anyone that has had success with them personally, but I haven't asked that many people. ;)

A frozen anole (lizard) in the freezer for scenting has gone a long way for some of mine, though, especially the saliva.

84 doesn't sound too drastic. Most of mine are kept at 82 and do just fine. Whats the cool side temps like? Cold temps tend to result in regurges, and hot temps result in partially digested poo, at least in my experience.

Did you wait 10 days after the first regurge before offering food again? That's essential. They take a while to build their digestive juices back up and it also lessens the stress they may have at the time as well.

Usually multiple regurges are a bad sign. Once is bad enough, but if they keep doing it, most don't recover very well if at all.

Ok, so maybe I won't try them.............should I maybe cut a slit in the head of a frozen pinky and see if he eats it?? Tonight I tried feeding him and he doesn't even seem interested. Maybe he's not hungry?? It's been about 3 weeks since his last "good" feeding. Could he be in hibernation even though he is captive bred??

Cool side is around 76 degrees. Yeah, I actually waited longer than 10 days before feeding him again. What should I do then since he has regurgitated his last few meals??? I am worried!!

Yeah, they can feel the effects of the season by the length of daylight. A couple of mine have shown less interest in eating than normal, but they're still eating. Most times the use of a light on a 12 schedule seems to help counter this.

I have a tub of anoles in the freezer, I'd be more than happy to send you one in the mail since its supposed to be cold the rest of this week for Missouri and here, at least that's the gyst I got from watching the weather tonight. That way you don't have buy a live one and euthanize it. I bought 20 a year ago and froze them off to keep on hand.

I wrote up something on another thread a few days ago, let me see if I can find it and link you...

Aha...Click me!

If your snake is regurgitating, you might want to get some Nutribac from Kathy. My snake had this issue and after waiting the full 10 days, I dusted the back end of a pink with nutribac and she held it down.

Back