• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What are some cute things your corn does?

My baby Rez likes my boyfriend's guitar. I was holding him while my guy was playing, and he was kinda leaning towards it so I held him near it and he wanted to slither all over it. I thought he would be afraid of the big noisy thing but he seemed entranced! :D Every time he just goes right for it.

My snake just did something hilarious and I thought of this thread. I just switched Shady's bedding from the aspen shavings to carefresh bedding on my vet's recommendation. She seems to have a much easier time burrowing in it than she did in the aspen and she likes it. But tonight she was crawling around under the surface and she had twisted and turned a little pile of it up between her coils. When she started moving off in a single direction some of the pile tumbled down on top of her exposed coil and startled her and she jumped up out of her bedding like a fish! She almost made it to the top of her viv. I was a little worried at first because she bopped her nose on the glass, but she went right back to digging after a second or two so I think she's fine. And as long as she's fine, it was hilarious.

My bloodied, Phoenix has a cute habit for drinking water. She climbs up a branch that is over her hater dish and hangs on with her tail while so she can drink suspended from her branch.

I thought of this thread immediately!
So Syd (and my ball python Beau) have done several goofy things.
A few weeks ago, Syd got it in her head that, as large as she is, squishing between the gap in the top of the tank would be a good idea. She kept climbing up there, making it almost the whole way around the tank, then falling nearly 2 feet to the bottom of the tank! I was very worried at first... but she kept going up there. 5 or 6 times she did this in a row! Persistent little bugger.

Tonight she did something she's never done: she followed my finger along the side of the glass! When I opened up my palm in front of her, she ran her nose up and down the glass directly in front, seeming to be trying to get into my hand. Very cool!

And Beau... well, he moves his hides alllll around his tank to the places he wants them. He even moved this large rock hide away from the wall so he could use the back entrance (as there's two for that one)! I can't believe how strong he is.
Today he was crawling into his moss hide (ie. the margerine container with a hole cut in it, moss inside) and slowly twisted it 180 degrees, then got stuck with his body half out and wrapped around some vines. After a moment, he very quickly twisted it right back to where it was!
He also doesn't like the sound of the misting bottle... today (while he was twisting about his moss hide) I squirted his tank, and instantly he popped his head out and looked right at me, like "um... what do you think you're DOING?"

Too damn cute!

*sorry for the long post* :)

I currently have a baby corn snake (like 2-4 months old). Sometimes when I'm holding part of his body and he is crawling on my hand, he will fall off (while I'm still holding on to part of his tail) and he starts freaking out and shaking his body everywhere until he gets back onto my hand or falls out of my hand. It's really cute, actually! I wish I could get a video of it.

Something just happened and I immediately thought of this thread.

I had Jones out for a handling session and my cat Luna was acting kittenish and playing with her toys. Jones was moving his head to follow every direction she went in. Well Luna got it in her head to jump on top of my 40g fish tank. Unfortunately I accidentally left the top open after feeding them... She shot straight up into the air and ran into the bedroom (she's fine a little wet and has some damaged pride). After it happened Jones looked right at me as if to say "you have a really stupid cat human". I thought it was too funny and had to share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've only had a chance to spend a few hours with my new (and first) corn, but he seems to enjoy burrowing in the front of his viv in such a way that you can only see his little head above the wood panel on the bottom. He just hangs out there and watches me as I sit here on the computer. It's so adorable.

I love this thread! I'm ashamed to say I've read all of it...LOL. My baby female Paisley is intrigued by the mist bottle as well. Lately every time I mist the tank, she pops her little head out of the hide and looks at me with the most adorable expression on her face. "What the heck do you think you're doing to my house??"

Snow likes to watch me from her princess castle

snowscastle_zpsf3a5acae.jpg

snowscastle2_zps7e451042.jpg

What my snow corn snake like to do is I hold him about eye level with me then he slithers to my nose and flickers his tongue on my nose then crawls up my face on to my glasses then on top of my head.

Body nudges

When I go to pick her up and she is just napping on the floor, she would sometimes push my finger back with her body when I first just touch her. It is very similar to what my guinea pig would do when I touched her behind and she would jump (she eventually got used to be petted anywhere): a quick and jumpy kind of push strong enough to get my finger to move away from her. When I pick her up after, she is fine and does not try to escape from my hand, but I guess she does not like to be disturbed when she is relaxing. I find it really cute as it is a ittle like her friendly way to protest without going all out and striking.

Back