• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Stuck shed and dead tail?!?

Newowner89

So we got a baby corn snake on 11/14. She had her first shed with us on 11/29. We were still waiting to handle since she went blue right around the time we were going to try so we just looked at the shed and it seemed to be one solid shed.

We have handled several times since then but she is bitey getting her out and when she gets out of the enclosure she normally calms down but is still pretty fast and feta flighty if you are too fast around her or try to really inspect her.

Tonight we were handling and noticed something off about her tail. Upon closer look it looks like she retained a little bit of shed on her tail tip and due to her flighty nature in handling we never noticed. The tail tip is pretty brown and we are worried it may be dead. I am going to try and run it gently with a wet paper towel tomorrow but we aren’t really sure what to do here if the tip is dead. Is this vet worthy or just something that will solve itself.

Not sure what caused the stuck shed her humidity is a constant 40-60 with it very rarely getting to 40 on the hot side. It averages around 45-50 warm side and 55-60 cold side.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Photos didn’t attach

Attachments

• 1C2706DD-C17F-44EC-824E-5D4C9D38A211.jpeg
    1C2706DD-C17F-44EC-824E-5D4C9D38A211.jpeg
    83.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 9E954B7E-FF79-4B5A-B2AE-28E7EED0308A.jpeg
    9E954B7E-FF79-4B5A-B2AE-28E7EED0308A.jpeg
    69.1 KB · Views: 25
I posted because I have almost the exact same issue with my girl. From what I’ve read it may or may not come back and return to normal blood flow. If not, it should fall off within a few sheds. Just so you know, the tail does not grow back but should be hardly noticeable as an adult. I hope this helped.

Back