• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Testbreeding Buf x Toffee

Thats easy to say now, after the breeding have been done.

Before this breeding was done nobody knew if combining buf and toffee would make some kind of superform if they would rule out each other or anything about the results.

You want to know what you are doing. That is reason enough for doing test breedings.
You hit the nail on his head, if nobody do a testbreeding nobody nows what happens, and this was one of the breedings done.I had more breedings planned but if they don't want to breed i can't help it.There is one clutch more to come Auratumstripe x ultramelmotley only 5 eggs.
Its easy to sit back and gave comment, but i do something to clear this up, and i had planned Orange to normal / Auratum to normal the normals are sisters and even so in anery they are sisters to.And its no problem when animals are het or homo for some other colour, if both lines have the same.
I think you must look to combo's from both the buf and the toffee.How have whe disovered that charcoal was not a plain anery, that was until blizzard was born ! And about the Homo auratumstripe its e ges not a fact at this moment, only if i saw more from him, 6 out of 6 ok but murfies law.... if you now what i mean.I had in 2006 a breeding orang x orange 8 eggs 7 hatched al 7 are orange but the parrents where not homo.

The auratumstrped is het caramel was sold as pos caramel, and the orange i used in the breed is het motley and het caramel in this clutch you now 6 eggs 4 orangemotly's and two orange.The question was is the auratum maybee hom toffee becouse of the 6 out of 6.Yesterday a clutch the Auratumstriped x ultramelmotley het caramel, 1 buttermotley, 1 golddustmotley , 1 oarangemotley and 1 orangemotley stil in the egg.So the auratumstripe is now for sure het caramel , but not homo toffee.At the time a got the auratum ,two was offered one darker and one brither , i choose the brither one. This is what the little dif is what i see in the first clutch the diffenece is, het caramel and not het caramel, nothing more . In this clutch Murphy had us only in the caramel i think.

Attachments

• toffeexultramelmot.jpg
    toffeexultramelmot.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 103
The hole clutch from the breeding auratumstriped het caramel x orange het motley and caramel

Attachments

• helenest.jpg
    helenest.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 93
Even through there are may other ways to try to find out of those two genes are the same or not i think it was a good and interesting start.
I am sure those are the same for a long time now and I would also have helped with this when I just could get my hands on a Buf animal. But for now I didnt get one.

Even through there are may other ways to try to find out of those two genes are the same or not i think it was a good and interesting start.
I am sure those are the same for a long time now and I would also have helped with this when I just could get my hands on a Buf animal. But for now I didnt get one.
Thanks, where do you liv i liv in holland in the south between weert en roermond.

Updates?

Sorry to resurrect this OLD thread, but does anyone have current info on Buf vs Toffee?
With the one above also having caramel that throws a wrench into things a bit.

Back