• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My snake is constipated, please help

StarSucker

She hasn't pooped in about two and a half weeks , I've fed her two fuzzies and one small mouse per the vet's request since. I can feel a lump near her butt and I've been bathing and massaging her for a week but there's been no change. Like I said I've taken her to the vet because I was worried but the vet told me not to worry, she said to feed her larger prey and make sure that her temperature at night was warm enough which it was. It's been three days and there's no change, I am really stressed out and I just don't know what to do.

How old/big is she? Were the two fuzzies and one small mouse all in one feeding or were they three separate feedings? What temperature is her warm side? Do you feed her on top of the substrate or in a separate container?

Two and half weeks of no poop is not unheard of in adult corn snakes. I have one that poops like once a month. Getting her moving with handling or exploring outside her enclosure can help move things along, as can a room temp bath if she doesn't mind the water.

Back