• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

return of the missing snake...

Acceber

"Tu was du willst."
okay...i haven't written about my snake escaping (2 weeks ago) because I felt to blame. I hadn't had the top fastened down well enough, and the day I went out to buy clamps I noticed she was no longer in the tank. I searched all through the substrate (poured it out, etc) through the driftwood and other hides, everywhere that i could think of.

I left pinkies out in soda bottle traps and upside-down tape all over the house hoping she'd come back. Well...at the beginning of this week, I started getting lonely and decided to get another snake (if she came back, then I'd have 2). Today, I was lucky enough to find and purchase 2 (thanks Psychosnakemom!!!) that I couldn't decide between. I have them now in seperate tanks, with their own hides, water bowls, etc.

My little brother returned about 15 minutes ago from a highschool football game, and wanted to see them. One of my new snakes has the same hide as my escaped snake (a piece of driftwood that I had cleaned and put in his tank), and I lifted this piece of wood to show him off. Well - what do you know...he was not there!!! Instead, in the same place that I thought he had crawled to when I placed him in his tank was.........the escaped snake!!!!!

The only thing that I can think of is that she had found a very small hole in the driftwood hide and stayed there through searching, cleaning, the coldness when I had the heater turned off....etc.

I'm so amazed, I can't believe it...I started to wonder if I had dreamt the whole new snake purchases, but then the new guy slithered out from the substrate. How much of a coincidence is this?? :crazy02:

So, now I am a proud owner of - not one, not two, but THREE very beautiful, wonderful corn snakes! :dancer:

(sorry it's so long, but I'm still in shock!!!!)

Maybe I'll use an excuse like that when my three new snakes show up so my hubbie doesn't kill me. Think it will work? :)

Glad you found your little guy!

Acceber,

I know how you feel about losing a snake then finding it. It was two weeks ago our male Pub. milksnake some how ( we haven't figured it out yet ) got out of a heavy, locked tank. We searched high and low for him ( it was feeding day that's how we found out he was gone ) but with no luck. Just last week ( Sat ) my father-in-law yelled up to me to come down and get this orange/black and white snake off the table. I went tearing down the stairs just in time to see the missing snake crawl back into a cermic rabbit that was setting on the dinning room table. Just think that whole time we we're eating with a snake guest on our table. :roflmao:

lol its funny, and cute, so i think. u gotta love having those kind of (unpredictable even)memories later on in life. it's like you have something, no one else has.some unusual incident ya know.

Reactions: CAV
well, Mere (the candy cane/escapee) is eating and drinking fine - she was out slithering around tonight, so I'm guessing she was just hanging out for a couple of weeks...maybe she just needed some alone time. :p

the other two also seem to be doing well. Cian (charcoal/snow) has been hiding out and not eating 'cause he's in shed (i think), but hopefully he'll come out and explore more when that's over. Ceres (candy cane/normal) is a basker...I didn't think corns basked all that much, but after eating (the day after I got her!!), she climbed up a piece of driftwood as close to the day lamp as she could get, and hangs out there most of the day. :cool:

All in all, I'm known as the "crazy snake lady" now to all of my friends, and I'm loving every minute of it! :D

thanks for all of your replies...it's always fun to have responses and hear other stories. I'm going to try and post pictures of my babies tomorrow, so wish me luck!

Back