• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Aggressiveness

potatosoup03

I have not touch my corn snake in a couple weeks or so but I have kept up care such as feeding and checking temps my question is every time I go into my snakes tank to change something they seem to get very aggressive and I just want to know what steps to take for my corn snake to not be aggressive towards me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if the snake seems like it will try to bite me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In short, yes. Unfortunately you will need to train your snake that it does not need to fear you. How big is your snake? If it is still young, then it is most likely bluffing and won't actually bite, and even if it does it most likely won't hurt a bit. One of my snakes was very bitey when attempting to remove him from his tank when he was young but was always be fine once he was out.

If you're worried about the bites, you can wear a thin glove to help build your confidence. If you're feeling nervous, your body will act nervous and make the snake more nervous too. So try to fake confidence!

Back