• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Tall tank heating question.

Nyrkorey

So I have a quick question if anyone has a solution to this issue. My corn is doing fantastic, first time snake owner he is about a year and a half now and such a sweet snake couldn't be more happy with his personality. My concern really is with temp. He is in a 75 gallon tank. I love him in a large tank because he can stretch out and climb all over. The issue is how to really get heat down that low consistently. I have 2 large heat mats on the bottom of the tank for him, he knows his hot and cold spots but getting that true basking temp for him sometimes is tough down low because the lamps don't push heat that that far even with high wattage reptile bulbs. I have a ceramic heater over his side that kicks on at night for him but since his tank is in my finished basement , it gets chilly down there. Should I be too concerned with this? He is obviously finding heat with the heat mats and I see him occasionally at night up on the top branch curled up under the ceramic heat lamp. Anyone have this issue with larger tank set ups?

Attachments

• 20230106_184828.jpg
    20230106_184828.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 28
It looks good! It sounds like you have it set up well. If he was getting too cold, he wouldn't be digesting his food. So as long as he's digesting well and not having any regurges, he's getting enough heat. They only really need about 85ish degrees to digest easily.

Back