• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New corn snake owner saying hello!

Brent H

Hi, it’s good to be here and see all this information. I am a first time corn snake owner(soon to be). My corn should be her this week and I’m so excited. He was held up due to the terrible weather that has been happening the past week. I’m starting with a 20gal critter cage. (Aspen shavings, UTH with a thermostat, led lighting) I still have a few things to get this weekend but I’m almost there. Any advice is much appreciated! I plan to upgrade to a 4x2x2 as needed in the future and maybe going towards a bio active setup once I’m confident.

https://www.morphmarket.com/us/c/reptiles/colubrids/corn-snakes/1234705

Looks like a handsome fella. His description is brief, Male Anery Sunkissed feeding on frozen thawed pinks.

If you're asking for advice then mine would be to communicate with Eric and find out what set up the snake has become accustomed to during the last 8 months. Then I would try to mimic that. The 20gal and your choice of bedding and UTH and lighting can come later, slowly, a little at a time. But start out as much as possible with the way the snake has been kept. Ask about the temperature parameters. And definitely ask how the snake has been taking those ft pinks. Drop it in front of him? tongs? leave overnight? under hide on top of hide? Feeding frequency? IMO an 8-month-old corn needs something more substantial than one mouse pink per week. Find out as much as possible.

Best of luck with him.

Thanks, I asked Eric about the size and frequency of its feeding habits. He said it was eating large frozen thawed pinks every 5-7 days. I appreciate your suggested questions. I will be asking him about temps and feeding techniques as well.

Very nice! Looking forward to seeing more pics of him. I have a sunkissed anery as well. They're a really neat morph and are fun to watch develop.

Thank you, I received him today. Im very happy to finally meet him. Now the fun begins I’ll post a pic of him as I unboxed him and right before I introduced him to his new enclosure.

Well I was going to but I can’t figure out how to put it on this thread at the moment, but it is in my album on my profile if you’re interested.

Cool! Glad he made it safely. He looks great. You'll have to take updated photos as he grows so you can see the colors develop.

Back