• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Jasmine (King Ratsnake) Official Progression Thread

Carinata

Ever Evolving Exotics
I figure I make WAY to many Jasmine threads so here is her Official Progression thread. Well When I got her in March I knew I could handle her but I was nervous about getting such a large ratsnake. After 6 months I am so happy to have her. I never thought I would ever form such a close bond with a reptile much less a snake. She is everything I could want in a snake. She is perfect. As far as emitting foulness from her cloaca, almost never! She is the best animal I have ever owned!
First day of life. (Jasmine is the normal colored baby)
mynewbaby.jpg

March 2009
069.jpg

April 2009
032.jpg

May 2009
034.jpg

June 2009
001.jpg

July 2009
059.jpg

August 2009
002.jpg

Well unfortunaly her siblings were sold to one of the biggest and best breeders in Germany but I snatched up the Normal 66% Het albino for a steal at $75

So it is official I willl be adding a Second King Rat snake. Hopefully a het. Albino Or Het. Hypo in November!

My grandad and I are starting her custom cage next weekend. What kind of wood sealent is safe for snakes?
The cage will measure 5x3x2 and be on a stand so that the cage is chest level. It will have wooden sides and a plexiglass front. It will have heat panels and a UVA/UVB Lamp on one side. The top will have a key lock and open up. The sides will also have access doors. The cage will be perfect so that my 'lil girl can have the best cage possible!

That great that you and your grandfather can work on something together.
It let him share his “know how” with you. Make him feel good too.
As for the sealant... Anything really. As long as it dries out completely.
A water base (a product that you can clean the brush out with water) would have less smell and dry quicker.
I use Plexiglas too on mine just be careful cleaning it. Use a cloth that is soft. Not paper towels. It will leave scratches in it. I even think they make a special Plexiglas cleaner for it too.

Thanks for the tip Lenny. My grandad is reallyy good at this stuff. Jasmine will move in as soon as the cage is done.

gonna have to take a september picture here verysoon. Today Jasmine took 1 day old quail and 2 pinkies. The show had no fuzzies. Oh well The next one is only a month away. Anyway I left for a week to visit my grandparents and came back to evil jasmine but after a good meal she is better. I will handle her on wednesday like normal.

Today I really was getting concerned because she has not been shedding because she is getting birds and pinks so i tried a small mouse. SHe took it! Amazingly she was very happy after and gave me a "I am digesting leave me alone" strike as I was pusing her off the feeding plate and taking it out of the cage.

Today I really was getting concerned because she has not been shedding because she is getting birds and pinks so i tried a small mouse. SHe took it! Amazingly she was very happy after and gave me a "I am digesting leave me alone" strike as I was pusing her off the feeding plate and taking it out of the cage.

variety is good in some animals. but i was once told that when feeding an animal a new kind of prey you should really make it a small meal as they animals not used to it. so if you were feeding birds and pinks, even though a pink is a mouse its really nothing to it. but birds are totally different. then you go right to an adult mouse. even if not in shed, the regurge coulda been caused from switching around prey and then upping the size so hard. i think a birds fat content would be a lot less than a mouses. and also shape and feathers instead of fur. might want to try and stick to one prey type from now on. ask around though cause this was just in a conversation with an older keeper. so it could be credible, or could just be one of those old timer things. someone on here is bound to know for sure though.

DavidsPhotos017.jpg

Recent pic. She had her little regurge thing. She ate a pinkie friday then went into deep blue on Sunday!

She just went into shed which is good. Just means I am that much closer to an 8 foot long beast!

shes looking good. i just saw an albino king on snake bytes and it looked gorgeous. wouldnt mind me one of those.

They are not what people say they are. They are very intelligent snakes. My gsl knows me, and allows me to handle her. She hates my brother, my mother and most of my friends. They are not for experienced keepers more like intermediate keepers

So yesterday I was really getting mad she has been afraid of mice since her gurg. So I gave her a small mouse 3 days after usual feeding day. All I had to do was jiggle the mouse above Jasmine and BAM she constricted like crazy! BW she is 2.5 foot long now and picking up adult color!

Back