• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Amel and Ultramel Clutch from Dave Harms - Progression Thread!

LoveHolic

Ultra Maniac!
Dave has some lovely Amels and Ultramels het caramel and charcoal! They are the offspring of a Blizzard x Golddust and are very lovely and unique looking. I got me one of the Amels het caramel and charcoal. I named him Dusty since he has a Golddust appearance.I decided to open up a picture thread on how these lil babies will progress since they're so beautiful! Everyone who got one, post here! He still has more available, it's not too late :bounce:

Here's Dusty!

2010_amel8.jpg

2010_oct_amel8.jpg

74571_455835037113_612457113_5281980_8113792_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
YAY!!! I might try to feed Prudence (decided I like the name that Dave gave her better) tomorrow or thursday so I am going to try and get pics then.

And to add to LoveHolic's post about the babies. Pictures do not do these babies justice. It is so hard to capture what they really look like.

Attachments

• 2010_amel1.jpg
    2010_amel1.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 408
Everyone leaves the "s" of my name. :D

It's Dave Harms

I'll add pictures of my keeper this afternoon.

Oh, I'm sorry haha... I'd fix it but I don't know how... am I able to? I took a few more shots last night before I got him settled in his temporary environment with his new hide and water... he didn't get to feed yet but I'm hoping to feed him today!

He's so feisty but I managed to hold him for a little bit yesterday. I used my sleeves to hide my palms to test if he'd bite the tip of my fingers... so far he didn't mind me touching him with them so I lowered the sleeve and he went hay wire! I put him back in before he got too upset... here's some new pics! I wish I can get pic of him eating today but I think i'll just leave him alone so he can have some privacy and time to himself in his new home.

73800_456210962113_612457113_5286777_2020335_n.jpg

The lovely yellow on him.

71523_456027497113_612457113_5284439_7303880_n.jpg

The red tone of his skin under fluorescent light.​

Haha, yeah he seems to have her attitude too! Yes, I am using Reptilite Calcium Substrate until I pick up some more Zoo Med Repti Bark because I liked that one more. I had some for my Ultramel and finished it off before I bought Dusty. She loved the stuff. I used to use Aspen shavings but got really scared one day when I found my Ultramel chewing a sharp piece of it in her mouth on a regular non-feeding day!:uhoh:

Alright, I'll see what I can do! :) can't wait to see some more pics up... I left the food for my lil guy today... hope he eats it <3

Prudence

Prudence has earned her keep with my husband this morning. She was the only one up and greeting him this morning. There are few that are still up when my husband gets up in the morning and they just watch him in the morning, but not this morning, just Prudence.

She is no longer hating me. She still prefers to strike at everything but me.:) Here are some pictures I managed to take this morning.

021.JPG

One of the kids walked by so she went on the defense.

025.JPG

032.JPG

Aww, Prudence and Molly are beautiful! I'm glad Prudence isn't striking you anymore... I hope Dusty will stop soon as well. He finally ate today! Did just as you said, Dave. Left it in his hide (the box) and came back a half hour later and it was gone! Gonna take a picture later of him and his full belly. Didn't get the chance cause he won't come out the corner of the top of the cage! :laugh:

74532_456430147113_612457113_5289170_4473367_n.jpg

He was staring at his water bowl right before I put the food in his house!​

Speaking of striking, Molly bit me today too! :D

I am glad Dusty ate for you!

Thanks, and... Ouch! I won't be handling him today since he ate so I'm sure he'll be striking and will bite me next time he's handled. What kind of snake is Desmond? :D And Cmalchow, I noticed you got an avatar! It looks cute!

Aww, an Ultramel?! I love Ultramels!!! You should post up a pic of him, especially if he's from the clutch :)

Thanks. :D Now if I could get her boy Desmond to eat something besides lizards....

I had twins this year that I was feeding lizards to didn't want anything to do with mice.

And yes I finally caved. Actually, I was at the computer that has my pictures on it. That is my mother daughter duo. The left pic is a Ghost hatchling that I kept this year and the Coral Snow on the right is her mommy. I actually took the pic of her mommy when she was laying the Ghosts eggs. I think it is cute that they both do it exactly the same.

Back