• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Munson Plan Cheat Sheet

MichBill

When I first got my snake early this year, I went through many of the citations of the Munson Feeding Plan from this site. There were some minor differences in the various posting of versions of the plan, so I created a chart for my own use. I have found it helpful for me when planing Annie's feeding schedule and my mice purchases.

Let me emphasize that this is just an assemblage of data published on this site. I am not taking any credit for developing it.

Attached is a PDF file of the chart. Feel free to use it if you find it helpful or to share it as you see fit.

Attachments

• munson plan sheet.pdf
    4.3 KB · Views: 531
The key part of your post is....
'There were some minor differences in the various posting of versions of the plan, so I created a chart for my own use.'
And that was the idea of Deano's plan IMO
It was just intended to be a guide that you needed to tweak towards your needs and your individual snakes.......

I agree - the Munson Plan was intended as a set of guidelines, rather than rules set in stone. Each snake - and each owner, for that matter - will usually depart from the letter of the guidelines once settled in. Individual snakes can need different sizes and frequency of meal to maintain the appropriate rate of growth and body mass.

Having said that, the Munson Plan is a great starting point.

I agree - the Munson Plan was intended as a set of guidelines, rather than rules set in stone. Each snake - and each owner, for that matter - will usually depart from the letter of the guidelines once settled in. Individual snakes can need different sizes and frequency of meal to maintain the appropriate rate of growth and body mass.

If you have scales, my mommy will not allow scales in the house. LOL :roflmao:

P.S. Nice spread sheet.

Exactly. The only thing I dont really do on that plan you posted is for adults. I feed only about 25-30g mice every 14 days for my adult snakes. 40-50g every week is a little excessive IMO.

Back