• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Progression thread - Zulu the ???? het motley phet anery

Dragonling

Doesn't do "casual"
When I saw that Jessica Kimble was releasing hold backs from her odd mystery pairing, I couldn't resist. I love a good mystery, and regardless of what she is I'm sure to have at least one compatible male for her.

So, meet Ursula, now renamed Zulu! She's currently in shed, so I'll have to wait to get good photos. A few quick cellphone snaps by the window will have to do for now. Hopefully we'll be able to get a nice photoshoot in this weekend.

qUImbIWh.jpg

9OxneTVh.jpg

0naXEuGh.jpg

bnQFye2h.jpg

Thanks guys. She's a real hoot, very nosey and always looks like she's trying to determine if my hands are food or not. Silly girl. No shed yet, but she's in the clear phase.

IfH9GxFh.jpg

Zulu passed the 70g mark and graduated to hopper links! It took her five separate tries to figure out how to walk her jaws over it. After the fourth try I was considering removing it to offer smaller links or a mouse but I looked away for a minute and back again and she was finally getting it down. They always want to drag it off the paper towel though!

6dOOVXOl.jpg

Beautiful snake and wonderful pictures. Awesome tongue shot among a bunch of awesome shots. Thanks so much. Made my morning!

Wow, crystal clear pictures! She almost looks fake, the way you can see every reflection off of her eyes in perfect definition. Beautiful!

Zulu is extremely food-driven, almost a little odd considering her feeding problems early in life. Anything that comes close to or inside her cage is subject to intense inspection, and she greets me at the front whenever I open it. She's getting quite close to bumping up to small adults and will easily be up to breeding size in 2018. I'm hoping we'll have some answers as to what her genetic makeup is before then!

feNPf8uh.jpg

Y9ekPs6h.jpg

Snapped a few more pics of Zulu today after poking through a post on Facebook where someone else had a batch of mystery hypo snakes. Unfortunately the situation was different enough that I don't think my data will help them, but I'll keep posting my own updates while we wait for Jessica to unravel the mystery. Hoping her pairings next year are fruitful!

The last pic is more true to her colors. She is more reddish than these show.
NZxGBm4h.jpg

qlpM71Jh.jpg

BquzaPkh.jpg

fTnYNcrh.jpg

In the post I mentioned previously, Don had suggested taking a photo of shed skin on white paper to see if melanin was present so I did that as well. Supposedly hypos are not supposed to have melanin in their sheds, but well...

zEiv5ewh.jpg

Not sure what to make of that. I also took some more hypermacro shots of both the shed and Zulu again. Here are those results: http://imgur.com/a/gcOLp

Also as a reminder for folks who haven't seen Jessica's posts, here are some photos of her parents: http://imgur.com/a/rqnGr

She's so darn photogenic, so of course we got twice as many photos as Zulu than any of the others.

What a ham, this one... :laugh:

Back