• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Progression Thread - Juliett the Diffused (Sberry) Topaz & Felicity the Magma

Dragonling

Doesn't do "casual"
After a bit of a wait, we finally have our little Juliett...and what a pretty little thing she is! She's undersized for her age, at less than 50g and about a year and a half old, but on a good feed schedule I think we can get her up to size in a couple of years. She is either homo strawberry or 66% het. Joe said she looked lighter than the other topazes, so it's possible. We'll find out in a few years if we get any normal diffused from her and Charlie. I would be stoked to get a few diffused strawberries!

Of course, we found out this morning that she had actually arrived in the clear phase of shed, so she's a touch brighter than her photos show.

igbuztSh.jpg

bCHUJKCh.jpg

HfMeViKh.jpg

4vIxUZzh.jpg

Album with full-sized images here: http://imgur.com/a/TOEp7

We have GOT to get some actual backgrounds and more props.

For the long wait I also received this lovely magma het topaz phet strawberry amel (basically identical to the one I lost previously). She's a sweet little thing, and I'd love to keep both, but I am literally out of room now. I'd have to start putting snakes in lidded tubs with separate heat mats and thermostats, and I've just got nowhere to put those LOL! I have space for 1 more hatchling (which I've been planning to buy for several months now) along with the potential 3 that may or may not hatch out from London's clutch. At the end of the year or beginning of next, I'll be getting another rack to start moving juveniles into adult tubs, but for now I'm at the limit! So I'll be gifting this little lady to DuxorW, since he is very nearby, and if she's looking up to it we'll probably split a clutch or two between her and Charlie as well.

I was disappointed to find that this little one, who I've dubbed Felicity, has not only a major spinal kink on her tail but also had a couple of layers of stuck shed on tip. The very last scale appears dead and will likely fall off eventually. I removed as much of the stuck shed as I could and will give her a light soak today to get the rest of it. Fortunately her kink is far enough past the vent so it shouldn't affect her at all. You can see it in the third pic. We got quite a few good photos of her, so it was hard to narrow them down.

KVuKNN7h.jpg

SErePtHh.jpg

nA3yYb7h.jpg

9yt03kYh.jpg

Last edited:
I love Juliett, she's gorgeous! I would be in the same position if someone threw in a bonus freebie. Where would I put it?! Really glad you were able to find her somewhere to go.

Of course, Dustin already has a history of bitey lavas, so what's one more right? Look at this coy little thing, acting like she didn't just try to eat me.

Ab2Ngqjh.jpg

You can see her tail tip with the last bit of stuck shed in this photo. I'm going to attempt to get as much off as I can today, but I don't want her losing teeth in the process...

After quite a lot of musk from such a tiny girl and a few angry bites, I got as much as I could see off. There were at least two layers at the very tip, which explains the dead scale. I need to schedule a followup for Sierra at the vet, so perhaps I'll take her along, too.

I think this thread is going to be more photos of Felicity than Juliett for now LOL. Fel is going to her new home soon though, hopefully this weekend. I'll miss her little attitude!

bdUdeAzl.jpg

oxGJVdul.jpg

tSnvblul.jpg

Seems like I take way more photos of miss grumpyface Felicity than I do of Juliett, and this is supposed to be Jul's thread! I snapped a few to make up for it this morning.

Both girls have doubled in weight since arriving in June and are on large hoppers.

5zhk1krh.jpg

tolnT9oh.jpg

xAlpjM5h.jpg

But really, look at this little grouch staring me down.

35lkM3Wh.jpg

Suppose it's worth mentioning that Fel is going to be staying with us, since Dustin has been reducing his collection and already has her genetics available to him. Her tail tip fell off shortly after the last post about it, and now it doesn't even look like there was ever a problem. Still got the attitude though, as you can see!

They are both so beautiful. Juliette looks like a sweetheart. Miss Felicity looks like a little firecracker!

Got a few of Felicity and Juliett as well yesterday. Jules was not in a photogenic mood, but we got a couple that were ok. Fel was pretty good about striking a pose though!

Juliett:

Felicity:

I realized today while looking at the photos again that Felicity's larger kink seems to have mostly grown out. This was the only good photo I managed to get one-handed.

UQzWKr1h.jpg

Poor lil miss is still very twitchy about being touched. She was not a happy camper even after I released her.

pqxeo68h.jpg

Got a few more of Juliett yesterday, though I think the contrast settings might be a little overdone.

VARuyxXh.jpg

Z3wIuheh.jpg

0BLgflHh.jpg

kbqC7Odh.jpg

pewBryfh.jpg

paIUlwLh.jpg

Back