• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Cohabitation Cohabitate Two Snakes in the Same Tank / Cage

Cohabitation, Thanks!!

OK,..This is such a great place to get advice. I really appreciate the time you all have given and I will not put the two together. I have 2 ball pythons also and they are in the same 40 gal. but I do have two hiding places two basking spots, they are very happy together, so far. I first had a Juvenal girl Ball (Lucy) in there, then I introduced the male (Monte). He's twice her size and I watched the two of them for hours and they didn't once have any trouble. Now it's been 1 month and the two seemed to be made for each other. Both are very docile and love to be held. I sure don't feed the two at the same time, Lucy is a very aggressive eater, where Monte was raised in the shop where I bought him, so I think he's used to thawed food, so he's more layed back. ...anyway, thanks a bunch!

deaconbluess said:
OK,..This is such a great place to get advice. I really appreciate the time you all have given and I will not put the two together. I have 2 ball pythons also and they are in the same 40 gal. but I do have two hiding places two basking spots, they are very happy together, so far. I first had a Juvenal girl Ball (Lucy) in there, then I introduced the male (Monte). He's twice her size and I watched the two of them for hours and they didn't once have any trouble. Now it's been 1 month and the two seemed to be made for each other. Both are very docile and love to be held. I sure don't feed the two at the same time, Lucy is a very aggressive eater, where Monte was raised in the shop where I bought him, so I think he's used to thawed food, so he's more layed back. ...anyway, thanks a bunch!
I don't recommend cohabbing any snake species. Considering their susceptibility to stress and feeding problems, I think I'd discourage it with ball pythons even more than with corns. No one ever has a problem until they have a problem. Know what I mean? Your male BP is twice the size of your female. I've read at least one account of BP cannibalism, and the snakes were adults in an unsupervised breeding situation. Snakes aren't "happy", and they're certainly never "very happy". Your female won't be too "happy" if that male gets amorous and she ends up gravid with eggs that she's too small to safely carry and lay.

Back