• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

A couple of pics of some my collection.

CARTOON_HEAD

13102009030.jpg

Photo662.jpg

Photo668.jpg

Photo664.jpg

Photo425.jpg

Photo433.jpg

Photo421.jpg
]

19062009674.jpg

08062009530.jpg

you're a brave brave soul.
I wouldn't dream of trying to tackle anacondas, burmese or retics.

thanks very much :) this is about quarter of our collection and many more to come :) we have many corns coming soon as my partner is breeding them. We currently keep 6 retics 4 anacondas 2 afrocks 2 burms 3 corns, 1 papuan olive python, we did have over 20 but sold a couple sp were down to about 18 now.

We've been debating Retics Burms Anacondas and Afrock's on here recently....
As a keeper of a few of these species, how do you find them?.... Aggressive? Easy to keep? What size do they get to etc? It would be interesting to here a hands on account of these animals...

As a keeper of a few of these species, how do you find them?.... Aggressive? Easy to keep? What size do they get to etc? It would be interesting to here a hands on account of these animals...

Mike mate, most caresheets describe many of them as being potentially feisty- a caresheet -is- a hand-on account mostly. :shrugs:

Wrong Oren... A care sheet can be written by anybody who has a decent command of the chosen language and the time to average out research.....
There's a vast difference between owning a species and reading about a species.....
Other wise we wouldn't have all the help threads from newbs who have researched for the last 9 months... ;)

Wrong Oren... A care sheet can be written by anybody who has a decent command of the chosen language and the time to average out research.....
There's a vast difference between owning a species and reading about a species.....
Other wise we wouldn't have all the help threads from newbs who have researched for the last 9 months... ;)

I'll rep to that!

Oh jeez and it begins again....
Because it's a forum and we discuss snakes... You can read and become educated to a species you may never have seen or considered... Or you can not bother and keep your prejudices based on whatever rumour or myth you have heard.....
Me, I tend to lean more towards education and finding out hard facts.... Whether I am proved right or wrong I am educated to the truth.....

I am just saying that Asian Ratsnakes are very unappriciated in the CB forms that they can be seen in and just thought of as the more common imports

Because it's a forum and we discuss snakes... You can read and become educated to a species you may never have seen or considered... Or you can not bother and keep your prejudices based on whatever rumour or myth you have heard.....
Me, I tend to lean more towards education and finding out hard facts.... Whether I am proved right or wrong I am educated to the truth.....

Hey whoa chill, I agree with you. And I want to hear what the op has to say(beautiful snakes by the way). Its just that I can foresee another huge thread starting about the same discussion we've been having and that's not what this thread was for. :)

As a Keeper of a Burm..
I personally find my snake very pleasant. She is between 13 - 14 feet long.
I give her a healthy respect though. She is calm and friendly out side of her cage but a tigress inside. She is hook trained, so she knows she is being pulled out when something is placed on her head.

But to be honest, i wouldn't trust someone who didnt know how to handle large snakes around her. I would be afraid of them being dragged into the cage.

Now the snake i would say that I wouldnt want to keep would be Scrubs. I hear that WC Scrubs are just nasty mean creatures.

Back