• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I heard the MOST annoying thing about Corns....

In all fairness I base my beleifs on the one and only lord jesus christ and creator of the universe...not JUST a book and not JUST faith and not JUST teaching but all of those together.

Actually your whole religion is based JUST upon faith. Faith in a god, faith in a book, faith in Jesus. You base your beliefs on Jesus because of your faith in God, and your faith in what the Bible says is true. Religion is faith, and the way I see it there is nothing wrong with that. I appreciate faith. But again, everyone's faith is different, and I see no reason to believe that one faith holds water over another.

Each one of you has helped me to grow in my faith and realize how good the Lord is to give me my unyeilding faith in him

Good :) Like I said, I believe any experience which helps to expand your knowledge, whether it is something you believe in or not, is a good thing. I'm glad you have grown in your faith, and you may pray for me all you want.

And with that, I must also take my leave. Bed is calling.

20,000 to 40,000 year old fertility goddess...

fertility%20goddess%20two.jpg

Actually your whole religion is based JUST upon faith. Faith in a god, faith in a book, faith in Jesus. You base your beliefs on Jesus because of your faith in God, and your faith in what the Bible says is true. Religion is faith, and the way I see it there is nothing wrong with that. I appreciate faith. But again, everyone's faith is different, and I see no reason to believe that one faith holds water over another

It is also based upon truth...some people choose to beleive it, some choose not to. But either way it is "the way, the truth, and the light." Until I die I will KNOW it is the truth, and I will always try to convince others of this also. If this is "shoving" religion then so be it. It will be worth it if I help another get to heaven :)

20,000 to 40,000 year old fertility goddess...

And an old statue proves that this is the one we should be worshipping. ALOT of people in the bible worshiped false idols. ALOT. Actually, few worshipped God.

Just because there are cave paintings and idols, it does not mean that they are the "gods" we should be worshiping...

Also, how do we know its a fertility goddess??? It could be just...art. Or decoration. I have had dolls. I have drawn pictures of other people. I have pictures in my house of other people. This does not mean I worship them or that they will save me.

I can't prove it. That's the beauty of it. The best thing about pagan religions (in my opinion) is the admittance that we don't know the absolute truth. That anything is possible.

This has been beaten to death, and I'm done.

You are confusing the apostle Paul, and his words, in his epistles and to and thru his apprentices,......with the actual words of Jesus.
The books you mentioned : Timothy, Romans, Ephesians, Colossians, Thessalonians,....were all written by Paul or one of his travelling companions/apprentices.....Silas, Timothy, Timon, Titus, etc.

so paul, Jesus's traveling companion wrote these things from his heart.

Jesus and Paul never met, never crossed paths, and much less were NEVER traveling companions.

Paul began life named Saul.
Note: Paul always travelled with a young male companion.....Silas, Timothy, Timon, Titus, etc. Hmmmmmm..................
This is who Paul was and what he did.

We have a term for the Paul's of this world.

It's called SELF HATERS.

Internalized homophobia sucks. ;)

2. our priest (we are roman catholic) said that only that particular snake was possessed by the devil and that it wasn't all of snake kind...

Incidentally, I am pretty sure that our female Hog Island boa IS actually possessed by the devil. Perhaps I should stage an exorcism in our basement.... hmm........

'Tis a very fine line between phobia and philia.

Very true. In fact there is a book called "Thinking Straight" by Robin Reardon (might have spelled the last name wrong) that goes into the phobia/philia distinction in organized religious groups and communities. Quite an interesting read.

The best thing about pagan religions (in my opinion) is the admittance that we don't know the absolute truth. That anything is possible.

Actually, I will never beleive that. I KNOW the truth...100% positive and sure. I can prove it with my life, how blessed I have been, and how God has worked it in :)

Emily, I appreciate you being patient with me, but I do believe I understand.
Weird sounding...?...well, yes, I've never had anyone break it down for me quite like that.....but you are getting me there.
And by "there", I mean truly convinced......
Yes, I am definitely beginning to be absolutely convinced...

Does this mean you are turning your back on Buddha? Eric, we need to talk, I am worried about your eternal soul.

Snakes DO work really well at keeping the Jehovah's witnesses away...

Huh, I thought it would work too, but not here! In fact they wanted to come IN and look at the rest of the snakes, while at the same time trying to convert me. Till they found out I was Baptist... I haven't seen them back yet... Heck they come down the street and walk wide around and avoid me like the black death... mwa ha ha ha ha... They didn't like how I exposed their religion with some light from the bible itself. More ignorance exposed...life goes on...

Its very common though, my best friend and business partner brings my snakes in for his sunday school class the pastor loves them. the kids learn that there is nothing to fear. they are Gods creatures like any other. It was one snake that was cursed not all of them. Im sorry your mother freaked. I've heard some pretty mean things about my snakes too. that thay are slimy nasty creatues and they should be killed or cooked.. it makes my skin crawl... so we try n educate ppl. as best we can.

All of which conclusively, comprehensively, and summarily proves that even among the clergy in this 21st century, there are thinking people who are able to interpret and apply the figurative and metaphorical language of the Bible in a much broader more sophisticated sense for a brighter more enlightened future.

I'm just glad for cocker spaniels....that the devil assumed the form of a serpent to tempt Eve, instead of taking the form of a cocker spaniel.
Just imagine all the flack cocker spaniels would be taking to this day if Satan had chosen that form to tempt and woo the fair Eve.........

NOTE : And, Wade, my wise and edumacated parents advised me to never totally turn my back on anything....except Ignorance,....especially smug blind complacent ignorance.

I haven't read all the posts in this thread, but get the jist of it.

I am another Bible believing Christian. Not a hyper-fundi "in your face" type, but one who believes every word of scripture is true and God inspired. I am saved by grace by the blood of Christ.

Snakes? Love 'em, obviously. Are they cursed? Sure. Are they evil? Only the ones that bite LOL!

The whole universe is cursed by sin. But we still play with our children and little puppie, right?

I wouldnt worry about it, God doesnt exist, and in no possible way COULD he exist. Sorry, tell your parents they believe in man-made words to describe the sun.

I wouldnt worry about it, God doesnt exist, and in no possible way COULD he exist. Sorry, tell your parents they believe in man-made words to describe the sun.

You can't prove God exists, but you can't prove He DOESN'T, either.

We are both living by faith.

ohh believe me there is proof that he doesnt exist :) everyone who believes is to afraid to admit it cause they can't stand the fact they are just going to rot when they die, instead of a new life or going to heaven etc.

Back