• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I heard the MOST annoying thing about Corns....

There are hundreds of religions based on the bible, and they all have their own idea as to what it says and they all believe you are wrong.

Yes, some parts are open for discussion but the major thing is there, without interpretation. "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, so that everyone who beleives in him will not perish but have eternal life."

GOD SENT HIS SON INTO THE WORLD NOT TO JUDGE THE WORLD, BUT TO SAVE THE WORLD THROUGH HIM :)

These things bring me GREAT comfort. I know that I will spend FOREVER in Heaven :) :) :)

Thats pretty much it...if you beleive that

Yes, some parts are open for discussion but the major thing is there, without interpretation. "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, so that everyone who beleives in him will not perish but have eternal life."

GOD SENT HIS SON INTO THE WORLD NOT TO JUDGE THE WORLD, BUT TO SAVE THE WORLD THROUGH HIM :)

These things bring me GREAT comfort. I know that I will spend FOREVER in Heaven :) :) :)

Thats pretty much it...if you beleive that
So they can't be the same person....not if one SENT the other anywhere.
Not if one is a SON and the other is a FATHER.
I'm confused.....

This part.....approximately.....we agree on. Although I'd cast a broader net than a mere "physical" malady/ailment/distraction........
Yes, any of those things. It was not a evil "secret" anyway.

What makes the teachings of the Bible any more true, or less true, than say the teachings of Buddhism, for example.
To put it bluntly, Buddist will not go to heaven. Your not supposed to put any other idols before God. The Bible and Christianity has been around WAY longer than buddism and you see many more "success stories" from christianty than buddism. You never see Buddah heeling anyone from cancer or things like that...Its God.

So they can't be the same person....not if one SENT the other anywhere.
Not if one is a SON and the other is a FATHER.
Actually, yes they are. God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are a TRINITY...all "different" people, but the same. The way that helped me understand is think of an apple. The Skin, Core, and Flesh are all different parts of the apple, but its all an apple...Understand? Thats how god,jesus and the holy spirt are.

Actually, yes they are. God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are a TRINITY...all "different" people, but the same. The way that helped me understand is think of an apple. The Skin, Core, and Flesh are all different parts of the apple, but its all an apple...Understand? Thats how god,jesus and the holy spirt are.
I've struggled with the apple part....but I think I've got it. But........
Which part of the apple sent which other part of the apple to the earth for 33 years. While the other minded the store back in heaven?

So which part of the apple sent which other part of the apple to the earth for 33 years. While the other minded the store back in heaven?

Well, pick a part. You can take the skin off an apple, or take the core out. Or take all the flesh out. But it is still allll part of an apple. So, lets just say jesus is the core, and God is the skin...

So the Core came here, the skin stayed in heaven to watch over everything and put everything into play for the core (this is a WEIRD description.)

But thats just how it is. The core is STILL part of an apple...all of the parts together make a whole, but alone they are just part of a bigger picture.

Understand????

Says who? Who knows this secret for sure?
To put it bluntly, Buddist will not go to heaven. Your not supposed to put any other idols before God. The Bible and Christianity has been around WAY longer than buddism and you see many more "success stories" from christianty than buddism. You never see Buddah heeling anyone from cancer or things like that...Its God.
Says who? Who knows all this for sure? And is alive walking the earth have experienced this to be the one and only Truth?

Huh...the pagan religions have been around MUCH longer than Christianity....and some Christian holidays are modified versions of pagan holidays. Christmas falls around Yule, and even uses a lot of pagan symbolism (evergreens, wreaths, holly, the Yule log, etc)

Easter falls around Imbolc/Ostara....Heck, Easter is NAMED after a Pagan Goddess. Lessee...pagan symbols...eggs, rabbits...

Edit to add: Thanksgiving...falls around the Autumn equinox...a feast day celebrating the harvest....pagan symbols include the cornucopia, gourds...

If the length of time a religion has been around determines how valid it is, your argument falls a little flat.

I don't think a Buddhist puts much interest into where Christianity says they will or will not go.

I also do not think that you can test whether god, jesus, or any other religious figure did or did not heal anyone from cancer, or things like that. I'd also like to point out that another argument of mine could fit in here...that everyone could be 'praying' to the same entity, under a different name.

My main argument still stands...what makes the teachings of Christianity any more (or less) true than any other religion.

The correct answer is nothing. There is no proof that Christianity is the only true religion. It is FAITH that holds people to Christianity, and I do believe that there is nothing wrong with faith. But I do not like when faith is paraded as fact.

Well, pick a part. You can take the skin off an apple, or take the core out. Or take all the flesh out. But it is still allll part of an apple. So, lets just say jesus is the core, and God is the skin...

So the Core came here, the skin stayed in heaven to watch over everything and put everything into play for the core (this is a WEIRD description.)

But thats just how it is. The core is STILL part of an apple...all of the parts together make a whole, but alone they are just part of a bigger picture.

Understand????
Emily, I appreciate you being patient with me, but I do believe I understand.
Weird sounding...?...well, yes, I've never had anyone break it down for me quite like that.....but you are getting me there.
And by "there", I mean truly convinced......
Yes, I am definitely beginning to be absolutely convinced...

If the length of time a religion has been around determines how valid it is, your argument falls a little flat.
It does not determine it, but God has been around since Adam and Eve. The VERY beginning. So that tells you something there.

Says who? Who knows all this for sure? And is alive walking the earth have experienced this to be the one and only Truth?
Ah, you have to have a little bit of faith. I encourage you to take out your bible or go onto an internet site and see what God has to show you :) you may be surprised, if you are willing to listen...

I also do not think that you can test whether god, jesus, or any other religious figure did or did not heal anyone from cancer, or things like that. I'd also like to point out that another argument of mine could fit in here...that everyone could be 'praying' to the same entity, under a different name.
Let me tell you a little personal story, if I may. My Dad has had Acid reflux his whole life...well one week when we where on family vacation he had a REALLY bad time with it and had to go to the ER. We where looking at surgery and stuff to fix it...it was so painful and bad for him. It was terrible :( When we got back to our hotel we where watching this show where some lady and some guy pray to God to heal people. Well we where just sitting there watching and the lady said "Someone in Texas has had a really bad bout with Acid Reflux today. I want you to put your hand over your chest and you will feel a warm feeling in your chest." Well my Dad did that and said he did feel it. Then the lady said "You can now remove your hand, you are healed." Ever since that day my dad has NEVER had an inkling of heartburn or Acid Reflux. He eats PIZZA now!!! What else could that be?!?!?!?

Emily, I appreciate you being patient with me, but I do believe I understand.
Weird sounding...well, yes, I've never had anyone break it down for me like that.....but you are getting me there.
And by "there", I mean truly convinced......
Glad I could help with my weird visual skills and erratic writing method :)

You can not seriously say you base your beleif...on cave paintings?

Well, in all fairness you base yours on a book. :shrugs:

Nothing wrong with that, your faith is your faith, and there is no need to explain. But why does it matter then what others base their own faith upon.

Nooo, I'm saying pagan religion began before written language, and there is record of it in the paintings and artifacts of ancient peoples.

Well, in all fairness you base yours on a book.

In all fairness I base my beleifs on the one and only lord jesus christ and creator of the universe...not JUST a book and not JUST faith and not JUST teaching but all of those together.

ANYWAY, Vetusaves, Zoogirl and Ceduke...I have really enjoyed this discussion. Each one of you has helped me to grow in my faith and realize how good the Lord is to give me my unyeilding faith in him and desire to share my beleifs with others. He continues to amaze me :) I will be praying for each of you tonight and hope that I will see everyone of you in Heaven, cause I KNOW I'll be there :) I will continue to pray that God will show his truth and light to everyone on this board and around the world. If I can make just one person a half a centimeter closer to becoming a christian or beleiving in salvation, I have done my duty :)

I will go to sleep tonight a very happy girl.

Goodnight all!

Nooo, I'm saying pagan religion began before written language, and there is record of it in the paintings and artifacts of ancient peoples.
Just a thought, PROVE that those painting are about paganism...If the bible can be taken many ways, so can paintings. I beleive they are refering to the one and only God :)

Back