View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 01:21 AM   #14
miara20
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corny Noob View Post
Aspen, which is often regarded as THE substrate for corns also has a dust to it occasionaly, and sometimes the poop is hidden because they burrow in it. And if your snake loves to burrow what do you give them now if you took away their burrowing substrate?
When she was on the astro turf she had nothing to burrow in. I decided to go back to the aspen to see if that's what she was allergic too. turns out the aspen is just fine. So she is back to her old burrowing self. All substrate really is a hit and miss I suppose but repti bark is one of the worst things you can give a snake for substrate. It has way more dust in it than aspen. Aspen is 99% dust free where repti bark isnt.

As far as their being poop in it cause she burrows. thats why its important to dig around in there to make sure there is no poo and if there is clean it out. And change the aspen at least every two months or less. It depends on how much they poo in their tank. Im fortunate enough that my snake doesnt poo in her tank. She is spoil and I know when she poos after she eats and she gets taken out and put on her blanket and she poos there. She will hold it til I let her out. Dont know why but she has been doing that for a long time.