• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

There should be a torture chamber for...

Just to avoid any misunderstandings-I am not condoning violence or encouraging my children to 'beat up' anyone. I do encourage them to help others, human or not. I would not punish them for popping someone in the nose if that is what they had to do to protect some one/thing else from being hurt.

ultimuttone said:
"boys will be boys", I see it as boys who have no consideration for anything but their own selfish indulgence.

That is what boys will be boys means. After all, they're kids not old enough to know much beyond self indulgence.

Anyway, my point with saying that was to show that just because you're inflicting pain on something or killing something doesn't necessarily mean you're going to end up as a serial killer.

The third point takes what I'm saying out of context.

And on a final note: if my snake was to get run over by a car, purposely or not, I would not lose sleep over it. It's a snake not my son! I will just buy a new one. Which just goes to show you, pets are not people, despite how some people treat them.

My mistake, after thinking about it more, the third point is not really out of context. It just means I'm going to drive around you and kill whatever you're waiting for.

You post a thread because you think that your snake likes the smell of your cooking, but you feel other people are anthropomorphizing because they don't like to see an animal senselessly killed or injured. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I obviously need much more coffee because I just don't get it.

where did that come from? all I was saying in the other post is the snake is attracted to the scent of food cooking. nothing anthropomorphized about. lots of animals like the smell of food cooking... Maybe you ought to lay off the coffee instead

daufoi said:
That is what boys will be boys means. After all, they're kids not old enough to know much beyond self indulgence.

I couldn't disagree more. I have a six year old that is compasionate and knows when she is causing something or someone pain and it upsets her.

daufoi said:
So where is man's habitat? Every piece of land is habitated by some kind of animal, does that mean we should all just vanish?

The snake shouldn't be in the road because that's where it's going to get killed. Kind of like, no snake or any animal should be getting in the way of a heard of buffalos. Cause guess what? They'll get killed. Should we blame the buffalo? (those bastards)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not condoning those persons' actions. But I'm not going to wail over it either.

But its not the snakes fault that people invaded its habitat, FORCEING the snake to HAVE to get across roads tog et to certain things it needs.

I too dislike it when people purposely run animals over. The only time that I think it would be somewhat justified would be a dangerous animal near their home. Like within feet of their home not well, it was ten miles up the road from their home. I laugh when I see the people who swerve at night to hit the little bat in the road and they are sooo busy aiming at the bat they miss the big buck in the road in front of them as well as the me flashing my brights while using my hazards to warn them as is the car in the other lane. Then, the bat flees at the last second and.... WHAM!!! five point buck hit at 60mph by a lil sportscar which now looks like a tin can and the buck flees. Now, was hitting an innocent lil bat really worth the cost of a new car? I have also seen people who go in the ditch to run over animals in winter time only to get stuck in the snow. serves them right! I wish these people would think before acting. How would they like it if someone purposely ran over their beloved pet? Yes, wild animals don't belong to anyone, but, they deserve to live too. sorry for the rant, just got worked up. lol.

I'm the opposite.....I swerve to MISS the little critters!!!!! I saw a prairie dog once in the middle of the road.....pulling his way to safety after his back end had been crushed! My whole week was ruined seeing that......poor little guy!

We have a teacher here that has a class called "Slithers". Kids can take this as an elective. She (and the kids) go from school to school with probably 30 snakes so as to teach people of how sweet and docile they really can be! It was actually this event that made me learn more about corns and run out and get one (she had two there that I fell in love with)! Before this I was paralyzed with fear over snakes......any snake!! She was just at my kids school again a couple of weeks ago and has offered to let me mate Cyrus (who I now think is a girl) with one of her corns so I can experience the whole clutch/pipping thing! It's awesome because she has done it before and said she would help me!!!!

Now, I am not near as brave as a lot of people on here who will just pick up a "stray" snake, always scared of that bite ya know!!!! But, I have captured 4 garter snakes from my sister in laws basement and relocated them to an open space by my house!!

A belated thank you to all the people on here who have ever answered my ridiculous questions regarding Cyrus......I was such a newb! I was scared of doing EVERYTHING wrong!!!!

I was in a driving class and the teacher told us about how he'd driven with a girl, a very slow driver not going past the 20 mph zone and such, and how when he was driving with her she spotted a groundhog and slammed on the gas. The teacher stepped on the break just in time to miss the animal, but the girl complained that he'd cost her "points". Apparently, the girl's family keeps a point system depending on the animal hit. Groundhogs are worth 20 points. On the way back home another groundhog, or perhaps the same, ran out onto the road, and the girl slammed on the gas and killed it. She got her points in the end, but the groundhog lost the ultimate game.
It sickened me as people in the class laughed. Life meant so little to them...

:realhot:

Enraging and disturbing. That's how those psycho serial killers start, with small defenseless animals. People like that should be put away.

Wow sometimes the people need to think about what they would feel like if they were that animal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:realhot::realhot::puke01::uzi::uzi::uzi:(guns aimed at people who hate animals or very stupid people)

As a girl growing up in Louisiana and East Texas in the 80s I saw a lot of animal abuse as well as racism. I noticed that the kids who laughed at the racist jokes were also the kids who enjoyed torturing animals. I'd habitually rescue snakes and lizards from these jerks, but once I stood between a group of evil kids and my own two cats. My cats survived that day.

On a separate occasion at recess I was held down by two boys while another sadist hurt me. I was the one who got in trouble as the principle tried to convince that my screams of terror, humiliation, and pain was laughter and I led the boys on. I was never granted justice for this, and the boys learned they could get away with sadism.

up here, you aim to hit an animal, you may not live. People die up here every year from hitting moose and bears.

But I do know a few people who get a kick out of running over small animals. I will do my best to keep from hitting an animal but there are times when its to late to avoid.

...but there are times when its to late to avoid.
Well thats understadable.

I know people who would hit cats for fun..........

I don't even want to know who your talking about.

As a girl growing up in Louisiana and East Texas in the 80s I saw a lot of animal abuse as well as racism. I noticed that the kids who laughed at the racist jokes were also the kids who enjoyed torturing animals. I'd habitually rescue snakes and lizards from these jerks, but once I stood between a group of evil kids and my own two cats. My cats survived that day.

...I was never granted justice for this
Wow just wow,
Those boys should be suspended...

Watching an animal get run over is a very frightning experience.
I had the unfortunate displeasure to be in the car directly next to a second car that
hit a large black lab. We stopped to help, and me and my sister ran up the driveway of the house to se if they where home. Sadly, the dog died while we franticly ran up the driveway. Thank g-d it was not a case of hit and run.
The lady who hit the animal stopped and did all she could. the dog's owners came home right about then.
At east there are some compassionet people in this world still.

Back