• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

F/T vs. Live Debate

Just a note on dog evolution:

I am an animal behavior major taking a course on the behavior and evolution of dogs, and the most prevalent theory in the literature is that dogs evolved naturally from wolves based on flight distance, which in turn led to a number of other changes. They were dump dwellers, and got more nutrition from the dump than other wild animals because of the decreased flight distance. They were then taken in and selectively bred. They are genetically predisposed to short flight distances and easy inter species socialization. (Coppinger and Coppinger 2001) The studies with the bayelev foxes shows that simply selecting for flight distance causes a number of changes in appearance, including patchy coats, curled tails and floppy ears, all of which are characteristics of domestic dogs and not wolves.

Sorry, I just get excited when I know things.:crazy01:

hehe
I saw this in a show on the Discover, Science, or Nat-Geo channel. The foxes thing, too.

Well I started out reading this thread, and came up with a question which i saw asked. I kept reading and never saw an answer before this thread started falling apart. lol So I have started my own mouse colony and am wondering if it is safe to feed freshly killed mice or should they be frozen first?

Well I started out reading this thread, and came up with a question which i saw asked. I kept reading and never saw an answer before this thread started falling apart. lol So I have started my own mouse colony and am wondering if it is safe to feed freshly killed mice or should they be frozen first?

Very safe and it depends on what your snake likes. Congrats on raising your own mice!

it is safe but freezing them first would kill any parasites they may have

Back