• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

!!!! My Unexpected EGGS !!!!

brtrude

Hey guys!

anyone who has been following this thread....

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79956

....will know that i have been trying to breed my snakes without too much luck! I first started putting them together around two weeks ago with no witnessed hook ups in that time.
However, my female has been very tutchy lately, not eating, not breeding and roaming around her tub a lot!
I should have seen the signs that she was getting ready to lay eggs!
They cant be from Dezmond though because like i mentioned, i only put them together two weeks ago and i didnt witness anything, she also only came out of brumation towards the end of december and i bought her a good 6-7 months ago at least and in that time she has been with no males.

She laid the eggs this morning and all together there are 15.

4 of which look like they may have a chance and the rest i dont have much hope for.
There all in the incubator anyway and i have some hope for the 4 descent looking ones.

Im pretty sure she has finished laying now but shes very worn out. I have give her a spray down and offered her a small mouse but she werent interested in that.

here are some pics......

2009_0303pictures0002.jpg

2009_0303pictures0003.jpg

Laying some eggs! pretty clear that there not the most fertile eggs!!
I didnt even have a lay box ready it was a massive shock!

2009_0303pictures0004.jpg

most of the infetile eggs. you can see the three in the middle that look a bit better than the rest.

2009_0303pictures0005.jpg

this one looked to be the best so i kept it seperate.

2009_0303pictures0006.jpg

since i took these pics i have managed to get the three good looking ones into the tub with the other good looking one and kept all the bad ones in there own little tub!
so theres 4 good looking ones in one tub and 11 bad ones in the other. iv still got my fingers crossed for some of these though.

i just hope i can get my Dizzles eating soon and back to full health!

Congratulations!

thanks robbie!
i just hope the good ones pulled through! I was in shock this morning! i just did not see this coming in a million years!

oh ye, dont worry about all the air holes on the egg boxes, i have taped most of them up on the outside only leaving a few uncovered.

congratz m8 now u know why she wouldnt hook up for ya i do hope the 4 eggs do well please let u know how it gose

Good luck with the eggs.

The infertile ones will smell in a few days time so you would do well to part with them fairly soon.

Keep us posted.

Regards. Lex

i think that i might give the bad looking eggs until tomorrow and if there still looking as bad i will get rid of them and focus on the good ones.
the bad ones are also squishy and sticky which i know is a bad sign!

thank you to everyone for all the nice comments and support! :cheers:

This is like one of those situations where your 15 yr. old unmarried niece who is "in love" but won't marry her boyfriend confides she's pregnant and going to have the baby.... Congrats... ( I think.... ) lol
Seriously, Would it be possible to find out who the Sire is?
Also I use a large syringe ( no needle) to give the ladies water after laying. I've found that some won't touch the water bowl and I don't think spraying gives them enough, but they all take water from the end of a syringe when offered. I also give pinkies! to MOM, I find they'll readily take one or two within a few mins or hours after laying and it would be easier on their dig. system as well as still offering sustenance . I try to give my girls the very best of care after laying!
I watched my former wife pregnant and was right there when my son was born and so have great respect for all animals that give birth. I certainly know I would never go through that and suspect that if men had the kids then we all would've died out along time ago.........

This is like one of those situations where your 15 yr. old unmarried niece who is "in love" but won't marry her boyfriend confides she's pregnant and going to have the baby.... Congrats... ( I think.... ) lol
Seriously, Would it be possible to find out who the Sire is?
Also I use a large syringe ( no needle) to give the ladies water after laying. I've found that some won't touch the water bowl and I don't think spraying gives them enough, but they all take water from the end of a syringe when offered. I also give pinkies! to MOM, I find they'll readily take one or two within a few mins or hours after laying and it would be easier on their dig. system as well as still offering sustenance . I try to give my girls the very best of care after laying!
I watched my former wife pregnant and was right there when my son was born and so have great respect for all animals that give birth. I certainly know I would never go through that and suspect that if men had the kids then we all would've died out along time ago.........

excellent post!
so do you think i should offer her some pinkies in a abit? even though she refused a small mouse before?

Good Luck! That's a shocker!

I agree with Nanci... a kingsnake is in order! Of course I would use it just as an excuse to get another snake...

I really hope a couple make it for you. It will be interesting to see what morphs they are.

LOL
I've only had my kingsnake for 2 days...and all I could think of when I saw that pile of slugs was "Maytag would LOVE those"!

Back