• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Building your own rack system

It's a slippery slope dude! Building a rack opens up a Pandora's Box for collecting animals. ;)

CAV said:
If anyone has a question or needs more info, drop me an email.

Live in or around Texas and are interested in a system? Give me a shout. I'll be happy to work up something for you.

Rich, if these pics are too big let me know and I'll fix. Here is one last view:

Hey CAV,

Do you travel to PA? ;)

I am looking into building a rack system myself. I can't believe how good it turned out! Any questions I have is it OK to email you?

Thanks!

CAV said:
It's a slippery slope dude! Building a rack opens up a Pandora's Box for collecting animals. ;)
lol i think that box is open wide

any one have any good deals on any snows :grin01: lol

V.F.T. said:
lol i think that box is open wide

any one have any good deals on any snows :grin01: lol

I should have snow hatchlings next year...compliments of CAV. By that time I should be set up to ship...Will let you know.

He was away for awhile under going new training for a new job...Last I heard he is back now and should be coming back to the forums soon...

He seems to be doing quite well. I met him for Drinks last friday night. Seems that he is happy to be back in town.

I'll be making a rack later this month and this thread will most definitely be very helpful with that. I've fastly running out of room for aquariums.

I am ordering two racks today (Nature's Spirit Snake Shacks...came highly recommended) but have plans to build my own in the future. I am glad this thread has resurfaced...

CAV is definitely a wealth of information...and builds some GORGEOUS furniture quality racks...
I am sure mine will be nowhere near as pretty...but they will be in my basement...so they don't have to look THAT nice... :)

Hope to see him back here soon...

I agree Joe...I built a HUGE shelf this fall to hold my glass displays...and room seems to always be at a premium.
Got 17 snakes coming this month...and just do NOT have the room (or the money) for glass.

Well, I started working on my rack last weekend. I should be finishing up this weekend. I will be sure to post pics here when done. Looks like it is turing out great. I made mine module so that I could expand it as needed. Right now, I should be able to house my current 5 and any hatchlings that I get this year, but, I know that I will need more room soon.

Let me know if you need a hand there amateur........ :cheers: I'll hold your beer.

BTW, I tried to call you back the other night but couldn't get ya. :shrugs:

CAV said:
Let me know if you need a hand there amateur........ :cheers: I'll hold your beer.

BTW, I tried to call you back the other night but couldn't get ya. :shrugs:

Sorry, but I am already done. You are welcome to come and help me set up the heat tape and all this weekend.

Guess I missed ya. Been having problems with the Cell phone. Need a new one.

Let me just repeat what has already been emphasized: that this was such a helpful thread!!! Really good info! thank you Cav!
I would head out to my garage and start work now if it weren't so freakin' cold here!!!

Finally

Cav's a name i havent seen on the boards lately. Anyway, i owe this man some pictures. Granted it's not A+ work and i threw a couple juvenille cages in there to show what it looks like. It's since been watersealed, so it's basicly the same. The next one i build will look much better, but this one gets the job done and that's all i was looking for. Please ignore the mess in the background. I was in the middle making air holes when i took these pictures. The shelves dont fit quite as tight as i had hoped and i kept hitting the peg board and heat tape in the back when i put the containers in so i went ahead and put some stops on the shelves. Like i said, nothing pretty about it, but it gets the job done

Attachments

• DSCN0205.jpg
    DSCN0205.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 442
  • DSCN0206.jpg
    DSCN0206.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 453
  • headshot.JPG
    headshot.JPG
    10.1 KB · Views: 439
Last edited:
Don't worry howie, CAV and I are getting together on Thursday and I will mention it to him. maybe him and I will work on it.

And, for those of you that want to see it, here is my new rack. Still need to stain it and coat it, but here it is.

rack2800x6009pz.jpg

rack1800x6006gq.jpg

Ummm Paul?

Do you own a measuring stick?? Them shelves are a wee bit tall for your sawed off little box. I'm just sayin'............

:roflmao:

Bout time you represent with yo rack Pirate Boy!

FWIW, beauty is immaterial. As long as it holds snakes and keeps them warm, mission ack!

CAV said:
Do you own a measuring stick?? Them shelves are a wee bit tall for your sawed off little box. I'm just sayin'............

FWIW, beauty is immaterial. As long as it holds snakes and keeps them warm, mission ack!

it hold two of those stacked on top of one another. I can fit 8 of the 24 qt boxes in there.

CAV said:

I agree, as long as the snakes stay warm and it holds a bunch..that's all that matters....

Back