• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Building your own rack system

Finally up with more than dial-up

This is a complete picture of my rack system. Finished and running. Nows the time to add to the collection.

rack23jv.jpg

Well Paul, it looks like you did a great job on that rack! Congrats!

BTW, enjoyed getting to spend the evening with you guys the other night at the Herp Society meeting.

thanks.

Yea, the meeting was really interesting. Just wish that we could have gotten to talk a little more. Will all have to get together again sometime soon. You and Gary will have to come down to the house sometime when it warms up a bit.

Leave it to a Texan...

Leave it to a Texan to complain about the cold...

I've experianced things that would place the fear of God in you! Canada is a harsh mistress. 8-P

MichaelBoyko said:

I've experianced things that would place the fear of God in you! Canada is a harsh mistress. 8-P

Whats this cold you speak of :D

MichaelBoyko said:

Just to let you know, I am not a native texan. I lived most of my life in upstate NY, about 20 miles south of the Canadian boarder. I know what cold it, and to tell you the truth, I really miss it. When I said that they needed to come down when it warmed up a bit was so that any reptiles living on my 150 acres would be out and moving about.

Hey pcar, how much did you end up spending on your rack from start to finish?? Looks like a very practical setup(and cheap)

DdotSpot said:
Hey pcar, how much did you end up spending on your rack from start to finish?? Looks like a very practical setup(and cheap)

Well, lets see here:
Heat Tape, Wiring and Thermostat: 150.00
Wood (used White Pine, peg board backing and Hard Plywood shelves): 75.00
Stain and Sealent: 15.00

Total: 240.00

Time it too me to build: 4 weeks (Because of having to do it in my spare time)

I see the thread has been revived..lol..

So since it has risen again, I will post a pic of my rack, it is not completly done yet but will have to work til this spring...It holds 1 adult, 6 Juvi's, 21 hatchling's...When I get the other one's built I will post a pic of them...

This rack cost me:

$73 for the melamine
$30 for the sterilite tubs
and 3 hrs of me time...

p.s. please excuse the dirty hatchling tubs as today was cleaning day...Sorry

Attachments

• Rack pic 21.jpg
    Rack pic 21.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 435
Just goes to show that no two are alike.

Does anyone else have pictures of their racks they'd be willing to share?

Nice Job Drizz!

pcar said:
Hey Paul, looks like one of your snows is trying to show us that it's water dish is empty! :shrugs:

Hehe...

Nice work buddy, looks pretty good! Just out of curiosity, what's in the Kritter keeper there on the bottom right?

Quigs

Paul,

Any reason that you've only got two shelves, and didnt use a shelf for the top of the sterilite?

I'd be afraid that my corns would pop the tops off the sterilte if there wasn't a shelf resting over it to keep it on snug.

Just curious.

Mine's really crude and therefore no pic shall be posted, but it's been great and done it's purpose. It's let me increase from 4 to 8, with more on the way for next year. I figure it can hold at least 18---even more if I adjust the top shelf and make it a 'hatchling' shelf for the 6qt sterilites.

CAV said:
Does anyone else have pictures of their racks they'd be willing to share?

Nice Job Drizz!

Thanks for the help CAV. Sorry for being rude in all the other posts. I shouldn't have asked all those questions 2 times or 5 TIMES!!!! I am starting my rack on wednesday and may be soon in a few days after. I will be glad to share pics when I'm done.

P.S. Can you please send me plans on making a rack for bigger tubs for bloods? I want it just to hold corns and bloods. Thanks.

No idea. Perhaps you'd get a better response if you posted that question on the appropriate forum, instead of a cornsnakes one. Head over to Fauna and see if someone there can help you.

What is this, the 6th time now?

Quigs said:
Hey Paul, looks like one of your snows is trying to show us that it's water dish is empty! :shrugs:

Hehe...

Nice work buddy, looks pretty good! Just out of curiosity, what's in the Kritter keeper there on the bottom right?

Quigs

No, I had just filled the water dish...he was attracted to the flashing lights.

The critter keeper has nothin' in it. That is one of my feeding boxes. There are 2 Basking lamp shrouds behind it though.

And thanks.

Joejr14 said:
Paul,

Any reason that you've only got two shelves, and didnt use a shelf for the top of the sterilite?

I'd be afraid that my corns would pop the tops off the sterilte if there wasn't a shelf resting over it to keep it on snug.

Just curious.

Mine's really crude and therefore no pic shall be posted, but it's been great and done it's purpose. It's let me increase from 4 to 8, with more on the way for next year. I figure it can hold at least 18---even more if I adjust the top shelf and make it a 'hatchling' shelf for the 6qt sterilites.

The biggest reason I didnt' add 2 more shelves is the fact that I ran out of the plywood that I used. I am working on another one that the current one will sit on top of, that will be used for mainly hatchlings and will there for have more shelves. I might even add more shelves to the current one...as I made it so that I could take it apart if needed.

drizzt_19 said:
So since it has risen again, I will post a pic of my rack, it is not completly done yet but will have to work til this spring...It holds 1 adult, 6 Juvi's, 21 hatchling's...When I get the other one's built I will post a pic of them...

This rack cost me:

$73 for the melamine
$30 for the sterilite tubs
and 3 hrs of me time...

p.s. please excuse the dirty hatchling tubs as today was cleaning day...Sorry

what do you use for heat drizzt_19? didnt see an in the pic?

Back