• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Will a corn snake eat other snakes?

I agree that cohabbing is irresponsible and selfish, and so should any snake owner.

Okay, everybody please continue to share your views and experiences with cohabbing. There aren't enough threads about it.

I am simply intensely curious as to why someone who had been a member of the forum for less than six months and has 310 posts to their name feels that they are entitled to be the "forum police" and decide what topics can be discussed and where and when threads should no longer be commented on.

Lauren: Just playing devils advocate here. But a person in their later years finally gets a computer. Has been cultivating reptiles since they were a child. So has huge amounts of experience. But just signed on this site....We shouldn't listen to them because they have only been on the site for a few months and only posted a few times?

Not exactly the case here but just thought that there was a fallacy in that statement that needed pointed out. Sorry all, for the off topic post here.

And just as aside: I can understand the OP leaving. There were people right off the bat basically calling him names. For the most part we all agree cohabbing is bad. I can also agree that the OP didn't seem to want to agree with this statement and seemed more than likely to do his own thing. But there are times when on this forum we (meaning the users) tend to be over aggressive in communicating the values we believe in. I am not preaching here as I am sure I can easily go find posts from myself that fit in what I am describing. Just trying to say it is easier to catch flies with honey. And even those who seem to not agree with what seems easily proven facts are at least better off knowing the facts. Which in this case were proven over and over again.

And at least if nothing else a new owner who was thinking of this and too intimidated to search through the vast amount of information on this forum will have read this. So although it gets gone over multiple times it is never bad to rehash something old.

Last edited:
I am simply intensely curious as to why someone who had been a member of the forum for less than six months and has 310 posts to their name feels that they are entitled to be the "forum police" and decide what topics can be discussed and where and when threads should no longer be commented on.

I am curious as well. I think the kid might have a "Mod complex" :)

boabass6, Corns are opportunist feeders, just like other snakes. They will eat the smaller ones if they see them as food.

Also, If you insist on cohabing your snakes, go right ahead and do so. But, their blood is on your hands, and I hope if something does happen that it is so horrendous that you get out of the hobby or change your ways, because the world does not need more people out there giving snake owners a bad name.

Case in point, the youtube video showing the corn snake biting the other one, that guy should never have been allowed around snakes...period. Not only was he keeping the snakes together, he was feeding them inside of the same tank at the same time.

If you refuse to take the experience that many people on here have given you, and decide to continue calling them names because they are passionate about their stand, then whatever happens is your own fault.

If you search for "cohabbing," you find that there isn't much to say about the topic that hasn't already been said. That's perfectly fine if you don't feel the same way.

Keep the cohabbing posts coming!

If you search for "cohabbing," you find that there isn't much to say about the topic that hasn't already been said. That's perfectly fine if you don't feel the same way.

If you had been here longer than three months, you'd know that we all know that everything you could ever need to know about:
1) Cohabbing
2) Particulate Substrates vs. Paper Towels
3) Live vs. F/T feeding

...and other assorted "hot topics" has been said. It doesn't stop the newbies and trolls from asking about it, and those of us that feel inclined on any given day will reply to it. Sometimes we get so bored around here in between breeding and hatching season that we put out "troll feeders" just to get a little entertainment going.

Please don't tell me we're going to be going into another phase of people answering "boring questions" with "THERE'S A SEARCH FUNCTION FOR A REASON PEOPLE!"

I always hate those phases... so unfriendly and unbecoming our lovely little site here.

If you had been here longer than three months, you'd know that we all know that everything you could ever need to know about:
1) Cohabbing
2) Particulate Substrates vs. Paper Towels
3) Live vs. F/T feeding

...and other assorted "hot topics" has been said. It doesn't stop the newbies and trolls from asking about it, and those of us that feel inclined on any given day will reply to it. Sometimes we get so bored around here in between breeding and hatching season that we put out "troll feeders" just to get a little entertainment going.

Please don't tell me we're going to be going into another phase of people answering "boring questions" with "THERE'S A SEARCH FUNCTION FOR A REASON PEOPLE!"

I always hate those phases... so unfriendly and unbecoming our lovely little site here.

I agree. I always hate when people immediately tell new people to use the search function. Half the time I use the search function, I don't even find exactly what I'm looking for...

Well there you have it: if you recommend the search (which I have been called out for) or give give advice you can't please everyone. For myself if someone starts out 'I know I could do a search but I'm not into it' I say search or go to stickies. When people come up with ambiguous claims or odd information I think reading the stickies is a good thing. Then there are those who don't bother with stickies or rules so Oh! well. Since I am very snarkie I give advice but with an inner question/meaning usually.
So lets go on debating shall we.

I'm not sure why you are attacking me just because I'm relatively new to this forum. When I post a question here, I'm actually looking for an answer, not a fight. I don't argue with people who are more experienced than me like the OP of this thread. I'm a newbie. I get it. I'm stupid. I get it. I am in no position to discourage smart people from wasting chunks of their lives trying to convince idiots to change their mind. Fine. Thank you for your input. I appreciate your honesty.

Dan, I wouldn't worry about it. She's just looking for entertainment. She plainly stated she sometimes gets bored and wanted to get a little entertainment going. Don't sweat it. You might want to do the same thing after you've posted over 5600 times.

I agree. I always hate when people immediately tell new people to use the search function. Half the time I use the search function, I don't even find exactly what I'm looking for...

There's actually a really good tutorial on how to use the search function. It's housed in the new members area. I'm pretty sure almost no one reads it.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38853

I'm not sure why you are attacking me just because I'm relatively new to this forum. When I post a question here, I'm actually looking for an answer, not a fight.

I'm not attacking you. Just questioning why you feel a need to act like a "thread police officer." Two times in short period, on threads you and I have both replied to, I've seen you attempting to say what should or should not be on a thread and imply that threads should no longer be discussed. I tried to gently point out to you on the other thread that the site owner makes no restrictions (for the most part) as to what can and cannot be discussed and where. He actually asks the mods to be lenient, to not close threads unless absolutely necessary, etc. It's one of the things that makes this forum great-- there's a lot of free speech encouraged here. This is not true of all forums.

But this is the second time you've acted this way. I ignored your first comment on this post, you'll notice. I've seen many people say "Oh well, I think this person is no longer reading-- no point in responding!" and then they go on their merry way.

But you seem very intent on making SURE no one else responds to the thread. Your repeated your statement that there was no point in responding because the person was no longer reading TWICE to two different posters. So it seems to me like you're acting like a thread police, which truly isn't necessary.

So far as entertainment goes, that comment was mostly in jest. I certainly have a ton of other things that occupy my time... but this situation was just too unusual not to comment on.

I don't argue with people who are more experienced than me like the OP of this thread.

I wouldn't be so hasty on THAT assessment. ;)

I wouldn't be so hasty on THAT assessment. ;)

Oh get over yourself. I don't argue about husbandry practices but I might argue with somebody who rudely condescends me just because I stated the obvious. I didn't tell anybody they couldn't post, I was just commenting. Honestly, I don't think I said anything to deserve that.

And yet the thread is still here. It's okay for it to continue after the OP is gone. Really.
As it should they may come back and he is still reading.

At this point I just think more posts about the dangers of cohabbing is just beating a dead horse.
Is it your horse

I agree that cohabbing is irresponsible and selfish, and so should any snake owner.

Okay, everybody please continue to share your views and experiences with cohabbing. There aren't enough threads about it.
obviously not enough threads as it comes up all the time

Well some think there is, but you aren't being forced to do anything

I'm not sure why you are attacking me just because I'm relatively new to this forum. When I post a question here, I'm actually looking for an answer, not a fight. I don't argue with people who are more experienced than me like the OP of this thread. I'm a newbie. I get it. I'm stupid. I get it. I am in no position to discourage smart people from wasting chunks of their lives trying to convince idiots to change their mind. Fine. Thank you for your input. I appreciate your honesty.

Oh! don't whine and say ou are picked on

Dan, I wouldn't worry about it. She's just looking for entertainment. She plainly stated she sometimes gets bored and wanted to get a little entertainment going. Don't sweat it. You might want to do the same thing after you've posted over 5600 times.

5600 posts and most all good conscientious well thought out answers. Who are we to say she is wasting her time or I mine.

So, how long is everybody's signature line?

:roflmao: A pet peeve of mine! And I want to know how those members with more than 4 lines are getting away with it! I checked, again, and the system will not allow me to add any more lines, period. :shrugs:

= "I didn't hear what I wanted to hear so I'm going to go find someone who will tell me what I want to hear"

Jolly good times, bye.

Hence my first reply........

"So let me get this strait........ you ask if its safe to cohab your corn with your younger snakes, then when told no you argue about it?

What was the point of this Thread again
? "

Advise is no good if you ignore it because its not what you want to hear. If you dont want to hear it then why ask in the first place?

Back