• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Donations to Help - 1.1 '09 Ultramel Anery Motleys

2. Jeff Mohr/MohrSnakes has made a handcrafted wooden clipboard to include in the donation. I will draw a second name to be awarded the clipboard. Thank you as well Jeff.

Thanks.
Brent

No, no, thank YOU Brent for allowing me to tag along and offer a donation for Ali. She is blessed to have a teacher like you.

Here are the details on the clipboard and I have included a picture in case you have not scrolled back to the top:

This board measures: 9 3/8 X 13 1/8 and is 3/8 inch thick.

It is made with a gorgeous piece of walnut down the middle with maple on either side followed by cherry and then walnut edges with a beautiful nickel clip to finish it off.

Top of the line glue is used to secure the bond between different pieces of wood and this bond is actually harder than the wood itself. All the edges are carefully rounded over and sanded to give smooth edges. After sanding the front and back to a smooth surface, I hand rub several layers of protective danish oil finish into the wood. The oil soaks into the wood to protect the wood from the inside as well as leaving a beautiful hand rubbed protective finish on the outside. This board is large enough to fit a regular sized letter pad (8.5 X 11) WITH the top border of the pad included…thus fitting ALL of the paper on the board.

Shipping anywhere in the US will be covered. International shipping may be available for an added fee depending on where you live, taxes, customs, etc.

Good luck with the chances in the hat....remember this is for a REALLY good cause and all money will be going to Ali.

Attachments

• IMG_0097a.JPG
    IMG_0097a.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 133
Dang, Jeff. That's sweet. What would you sell that for normally - just so people like me know.

I'm glad to hear you won your battle with leukemia. That's great and gives hope to those that are still battling. I can't speak for Mike, and what he would like to do with your question, but if they were held until Daytona to save on shipping for you, then the next request to hold onto, and deliver, them to a different show would also expect to be honored. I don't want to put him, or anyone else, in that position. So I'm going to say no, unless Mike wants to speak up and say different.

Plus, Mike isn't going to Daytona, so I'm not sure delivery could be arranged so far in advance. :(

What a wonderful thing to do Brent. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to participate on the last one. This should more than make up for it! Donations sent.

Dang, Jeff. That's sweet. What would you sell that for normally - just so people like me know.

Thanks for the compliments. My clipboards start at $25 for something that is one type of wood and with little else going on with the figure and pattern. Something of this sort, however, would be priced closer to $50 due to the figure in the walnut piece and the decorative edges.

I was out all weekend, and yesterday, but I will have pics of the pair up this afternoon. Thanks for all the donations. :)

Ooh, Jeff, I love that clipboard!! I could be the coolest teacher in school with that baby!!

Yeah, too bad Jeff didn't do one of those by itself, eh? I might even enter and re-donate the snakes if I won....lol.

Caryl, what part of the "MS gulf coast" is your location?

First pic is of the male and the second is of the female. Thanks for helping out everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_1772.JPG
    IMG_1772.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_1773.JPG
    IMG_1773.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 379
Naw, let them be their own auction at some point. We'll see how it goes.
You sure?! We're only $30 away from $400 for tonight!!! If we hit that today and work hard the next 3, I think we can raise more than we did for the Bloodred pair . . . just sayin . . .

I have sent my donation! Really love that clipboard, Jeff!
Thanks, was it under a different name than Paige?! I didn't have a PP email from a Paige in the inbox or on my account this evening and my records matchup with my PP balance. Just want to make sure I'm not missing anyone!! PM me if you'd like.

What a wonderful thing to do Brent. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to participate on the last one. This should more than make up for it! Donations sent.
Thanks!

Money sent!!!
Thanks!

Check your PP Brent!
Thanks once again!! :cheers:

Mike and Brent, I just sent another donation.

Wayne
Thanks to you and Christine again as well! :cheers:

Thanks again to everyone!
D80/Brent

Just an FYI for everyone. I will be out of town tomorrow early (5 am) and return late (11 pm) with our 8th graders for our end of year trip, so I do not believe I will be of the right frame of mind to update totals tomorrow evening. I'll get to it at some point Thursday, probably evening, since it's the last day of school for us.

Thanks,
D80

Back