• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

i need some advice help :(

Seamus, buddy, you are making this little snake crazy. The reason you give the snake a heat gradient is so he can move to the part of the cage that is most comfortable to him. Don't you think it would be wrong to force him to go where you want him to?

sorry i think i explained myself bad as usual.
My snake has a hideout on his warm side, a hideout on his cool side and the water bowl.
Now he doesn't seem to care about his warm and cool side hideouts and he only cares staying under the waterbowl. when i used the other water bowl wich doesn't has a space underneath to go under he used to frequently change sides from the coolside hide to the warm side hide as normal. When i putted this waterbowl back in his viv he started doing as before, only staying under the water bowl and rarly moving to the warm side hide.

If the temps are correct on both sides & he's just hanging out under the waterbowl because it's the right temp.

Most of my Corns spend their time down the cool end, so I don't think that's a reason to worry. I'd only be concerned if the water bowl was on top of the UTH and he still spent all his time under there.

If you're worried that he isn't moving freely between warm and cool ends because he prefers the space under the waterbowl to his hides, then just go back to the old waterbowl that he can't get underneath. I don't think it would hurt.

What is wrong with having him under the water bowl. He apparently likes it there. Leave him alone.

You could always cut a kitchen roll tube in half (longitudinally) and place it in the viv from warm end to cool end and then your snake could hide at a temp that suits it.....
I use this as a cheap coverall method.......

What is wrong with having him under the water bowl. He apparently likes it there. Leave him alone.

I think this is called 'hitting the nail on the head'. Its hard when your worried about your snake, but sometimes its good to take a step back. :p

yeah my tought was because he was having all this digestion problem staying on the heatmat side would help him more then staying cold. but well, i'll leave him alone.

i use kitchen roll tubes for hideouts many times and other cardbox hideouts, they are cheap and i change them after some days when i have more to be replaced with.

An update.
The snake have digested the half pinky, no regurgs but still with the pinkish urates.
somehow his face have got a blackish tint , anybody has a clue of what it is?
today is feeding day, but im skiping it for a reason.
The reason is tomorrow im getting some money and im deciding what to do, if buy the probiotic and feed him a pinky slitted with probiotic and add it to the water or get him to a vet.

can somebody tell me wich is the best choice please?

Do you think the pinkish colour of the urates could actually be from the newspaper?
Any pictures of the discolouration on his face?

i doubt its from the news paper since i find some on the waterbowl too.
i will try to take a pic of his face but i highly doubt it will show since its a very light black/violet tint.and not its not the shedding, at least it doesn't look so.

I would take him to the vet, if you have the option. Even a vet who isn't experienced in reptiles should be able to do a fecal smear. (Make sure you have the uh... fecal matter though). Also in regards to the waterbowl... some snakes just have favorite hides :l move his waterbowl to the warm side if he likes it so much.

I would take him to a vet if at all possible. I don't mean to alarm you in any way, but my first thought at pinkish urates is that blood is the cause. But I'm certainly no expert. Glad to hear he's been keeping down his food, otherwise!

Seamus, as I have said before, I am not an expert either but I would take him to a vet, the color of the urates also makes me wonder about blood.

As for the blackish tint, give your snake a bath by wetting a wash cloth and allowing him to slither through it and gently rubbing his face, see if the blackish tint comes off. Then I suggest switching to papertowel or plain newsprint with no ink and using that for a week or two at least to see if the blackish coloration comes back or gets worse.

Just wanted to update everyone, today i had visits so i couldn't take him to the vet.
as he's digeting his food, i went to buy probiotics and fed him a pinky without a had wich i had in the freezer with alot of slits in the back and rolled in probiotic. after some minutes examaning it he ate it. i will se how it goes now but if i see pink urates again is gonna be a visit to the vet with the urates.

Back