• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New tracking db app

Duff said:
The ID tag needs to be unique by design. Each animal needs some unique identifier to track it's info and records. Sorry for any confusion it caused. I know I really need to write up some howto's and more help info, just haven't had the time and that's lower on my priority list right now.
I know it does. My problem is that I added Selena yesterday and saved/closed it. When I opened it again everything else I had done was there but she wasn't. She's not in the racks and not on the feed schedule list either. When I try to add her with her ID I get the error. Am I just missing it?

~Katie

Attachments

• Resized_screen shot 1.jpg
    Resized_screen shot 1.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 110
  • Resized_screen shot 2.jpg
    Resized_screen shot 2.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 110
tyflier said:
Huh...I never ran into that. I had issues when I went to "backlog" all my past feedings. I went back to december of last year, and had to really pad my inventory to avoid going back and forth, but once I put a mouse in inventory, it was always available to me.
That turned out to be the problem. I went back to October 2006, when my Degei records started, and input every feeding from then on. I finally told inventory I had 1000 of each size, at $0 cost. After I finished inputting all my feedings on all the snakes, I wasted the remaining $0 inventories and then hand counted what I actually have in the freezer and added that back in. Six months of feedings on 22 snakes, and I wonder why my eyes are blurry. :)

Hi. Does anyone know if its possible to edit a rack once its been added? I dont actually have a rack, i have my snakes on shelving, i just added a new shelf and want to add an extra row in Scerp DB. Is this possible or do you have to create a new bigger rack in Scerp DB, then transfer everything over?

cheers

Jimmus said:
Hi. Does anyone know if its possible to edit a rack once its been added? I dont actually have a rack, i have my snakes on shelving, i just added a new shelf and want to add an extra row in Scerp DB. Is this possible or do you have to create a new bigger rack in Scerp DB, then transfer everything over?

cheers
As of the latest version, you will have to create a new rack and then move each animal over. Then you can delete the old rack. It's really quick and easy to do this, so don't have any immediate plans to add rack modification, but will keep it on the list for somewhere down the line.

Duff said:
As of the latest version, you will have to create a new rack and then move each animal over. Then you can delete the old rack. It's really quick and easy to do this, so don't have any immediate plans to add rack modification, but will keep it on the list for somewhere down the line.

Ok cool thanks alot. Thanks for the reply oh and Scerp DB hehe :grin01:

I just recently noticed that in version 0.14(I think), you can now disable the Feeder Inventory function.

Thanks Duff!! :cheers:

Jimmus said:

cheers
Just a quick note to let those interested know that I just uploaded an updated version which allows altering rack sizes, as well as tub sizes within each rack. Thanks to everyone that's provided feedback so far. Haven't heard of too many serious issues, so I'm happy about that. As far as future plans, I'm going to work on adding some more business side stuff, like expense tracking, clutch sales type stuff, etc. So if anyone has any business/expense type stuff they'd like to see added, just let me know.

Duff said:
Just a quick note to let those interested know that I just uploaded an updated version which allows altering rack sizes, as well as tub sizes within each rack.
There is one small bug on installs. The install program finds the program files with no problem, but not the shortcut location. Rather than looking in the program menus to see where the shortcuts are, the install program always creates "Documents and Settings\UserName\Start Menu\Programs\ScerpDB". If you're using a different location for the menus, you have to delete the ScerpDB submenu after every update.

The program itself is great. I find it much easier to use than Degei. Thanks for the hard work.

Duff said:
Just a quick note to let those interested know that I just uploaded an updated version which allows altering rack sizes, as well as tub sizes within each rack. Thanks to everyone that's provided feedback so far. Haven't heard of too many serious issues, so I'm happy about that. As far as future plans, I'm going to work on adding some more business side stuff, like expense tracking, clutch sales type stuff, etc. So if anyone has any business/expense type stuff they'd like to see added, just let me know.

Great, thanks alot dude il get the update now.

Duff said:
I just uploaded an updated version which allows altering rack sizes
By resize rack, do you mean the number of tubs in the rack? That would be very handy, but I can't find anything like that in the menus.

Never mind, I found it! Note to anyone else who can't find it: right click on the space between tubs, not on a tub itself. GREAT new feature!

Last edited:
Just downloaded and installed the update. Fantastic changes. I had a mix of 1 large tub to a shelf or 2 smaller ones so now i can sort them in Scerp DB exactly as they are in the rack. Thanks alot Duff

Duff--

As for the business end of things...I think it would be nice to have an identifier that would distinguish(at a glance) holdback inventory, breeder inventory, and saleable inventory from each other. As well, I think it would be nice to be bale to list "market value" and "desired sale price", in case any of us have a "helper" or partner in our business. This way they can open the program and instantly know what is what, and how much it should sell for...

Just some thoughts...

jaxom1957 said:
By resize rack, do you mean the number of tubs in the rack? That would be very handy, but I can't find anything like that in the menus.
Sorry, guess I should've added how to do this. There's now a popup menu for the racks. Just right-click on any open space in the rack panel and you'll see the options to add/remove rows and columns.

First off... love the program. Nice job!!!

Business wise it would be nice to track feeding expenses for the mice you're producing for food... bedding, lab block, etc. I always look at those supplies as my cost of keeping the collection. Keeping track of your time and giving your time a dollar amount would be cool too.

Duff said:
Sorry, guess I should've added how to do this. There's now a popup menu for the racks. Just right-click on any open space in the rack panel and you'll see the options to add/remove rows and columns.
No problem, I eventually stumbled on it. That is, by far, the best new feature. Like most people, I have a combination of racks, aquariums and other Rubbermaid or Sterlite containers. This allows me to change the number of aquariums or Sterlite shoeboxes I have racked whenever I get new babies or buy bigger housing. I love it.

Expense Tracking update

Since it seemed like a fairly popular enhancement request, Expense Tracking makes it's major league debut. You can now add/track expenses (including time, hourly rate settable in Edit...Program Options) and do some reporting with the records. The Expense Tracker can be found under the Tools menu. You can also directly go to expense reports from the Reports menu, and manage expense categories from the Edit menu. All can also be done from the Expense Tracker tool. With the ability to export records to CSV format, you may even be able to incorporate into any business/financial software you use in some way. Although the exact how-to's of that are all dependent on the other software, so can't really help do it, but something some may want to think about if you have some business software setup.

More clutch tracking/sales type stuff is planned for the next update. Still working on the particulars, though.

And just because a couple people had asked when I first offered up this app, I've added the ability to make donations either from the download site, or from the Help menu in the program. No pressure on anyone, though. Purely optional and as long as I am in control of this, I'll never require payment for full functionality. Thanks for any and all support. And not just monetary, even use and testing has helped me expand this even more than my original plans. :cheers:

Nice one, i just opened up scerpdb literally 10 seconds b4 you posted hehe. The changes sound great, onyl one way to find out...

Duff said:
Thanks for any and all support.
You're doing a great job; the program gets better with every incarnation. I noticed you changed the date to direct input rather than bringing up a menu. Much faster and easier.

Is there a way to send you a list of gene combo names for inclusion in the database?

jaxom1957 said:
You're doing a great job; the program gets better with every incarnation. I noticed you changed the date to direct input rather than bringing up a menu. Much faster and easier.

Is there a way to send you a list of gene combo names for inclusion in the database?
Thanks! If you want, you can send a list to my email address: [email protected]. Once the app is installed, all the gene/morph/species/category info is up to the user to add or remove, though. I could possibly put together a data update down the road to add what's missing, but mostly I figured I'd leave that info up to the end-user, since some people may want different stuff specified. That's why it's all easily manageable from the Edit menu.

jaxom1957 said:
Yea i noticed that change. For dates far in the past its good to be able to enter the digits. I like the calendar view for recent dates, this option is still available if you 'double click' which i think is cool.

Back