• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Tattoos?

Oh My GAWD!!!

J_Daniels, that first one on your arm/shoulder/chest is AMAZING! So much shadow work . . . how long did it take?

I guess it took about 4 hours... may I recommend that you never get a tattoo that a)is verrrry close to your nipple and b)cuts into your armpit.... not pleasant, not pleasant at all...

Ow ow OW I wouldn't let my tattooist near my nipple in a million years. There are some fabulous tattoos appearing in this thread, keep em coming :)

I fogot to mention that I do know a little about tattoos. A friend of mine is from Samoa and he has a traditional Samoan tattoo that starts at his waist and ends at his knees and they leave no parts untouched! It's a male right of passage thing. They even tattoo'd inside his butt crack. They use traditional tottoo'ing equipment which is not electric and the whole process took close to two weeks even though he had work done daily. At the end of each day he had to go sit in the ocean. Ouch!

ouch!
After seeing all the pics, I've concluded that you must all have very high pain thresholds.
IF I ever get one, it will be something very small, and not on my lower back. No idea what I would get though...a corn would be cute.

Iris,

As a rule, the more meat there is, the less it hurts :) so the small of your back is notoriously painful - I can serpently vouch for that but I don't have a very high physical pain threshold at all.

The one I got on my upper arm for example, didn't hurt nearly as much as the one on my back. But it bled like hell. Why do we put ourselves through this I wonder?!

Don't mean to creep in on all your conversations. I don't have any tattoos myself, but I just saw in the July 2004 issue of Reptiles Magazine some great pics of their reptile tattoo contest. If you can find a copy, enjoy! I picked mine up at a Petsmart.

Back